The Student Room Group

Essex University vs De Montfort University

For computer science with a foundation year.
Original post by Dony111
For computer science with a foundation year.

Hi there! I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Essex! Whilst I can't comment on De Montfort University as I've never been there, I can say that Essex has been the perfect choice for me! The Colchester campus has such a friendly community atmosphere to it and there's always something going on! The university is consistently in the top 10 for Student Satisfaction and our Computer Science department is home to a range of world class academics. If you have any questions about Essex then don't be afraid to ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CampusCat
Hi there! I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Essex! Whilst I can't comment on De Montfort University as I've never been there, I can say that Essex has been the perfect choice for me! The Colchester campus has such a friendly community atmosphere to it and there's always something going on! The university is consistently in the top 10 for Student Satisfaction and our Computer Science department is home to a range of world class academics. If you have any questions about Essex then don't be afraid to ask :smile:

Thanks for the reply. How many lectures are there weekly?
Original post by Dony111
Thanks for the reply. How many lectures are there weekly?

In my first year at Essex I had 4 lectures a week and 4 classes a week. However I am not a Computer Science student and weekly lectures will vary for each course. The Computer Science foundation year at Essex consists of 4 full year modules which you can have a look at in more detail by going to our course finder and looking at the course structure and the programme specification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending