The Student Room Group

Am I bad person for liking trans women?

i have three "friends" on my Facebook, i say friends i don't know them, and to be honest added them because they look cute. but then i want to ask them out.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimkarsd
i have three "friends" on my Facebook, i say friends i don't know them, and to be honest added them because they look cute. but then i want to ask them out.

Yes, shame on you for being human!

Reply 3
no ..you are not bad for liking trans women

but if you are male, and these people you "like" are males depicting themselves as females then it does make you sorta gay imo.
Reply 4
Original post by LifeIsFine

hmmm....

dunno why you police others' beliefs like this....if you have issues, ,i don't need to read about it. lol.

No.
hmmm....

dunno why you police others' beliefs like this....if you have issues, ,i don't need to read about it. lol.

police? what?

I have no problem with trans people or people liking trans people.
Just wondering why you made a TSR account just to ask the question; no one really cares who anyone likes
Reply 7
police? what?

I have no problem with trans people or people liking trans people.
Just wondering why you made a TSR account just to ask the question; no one really cares who anyone likes

ah...my suspicion is warranted. that's cool. i like how you think the world is an extension of your brain, but cool.
Why would that make you a bad person for liking Trans women? I've seen some trans women and they look so gorgeous like stunning, and I'm a straight female! lol! It's natural for us humans to find so many things attractive. Don't feel bad :-)
ah...my suspicion is warranted. that's cool. i like how you think the world is an extension of your brain, but cool.

I must say, I'm very confused. Perhaps my use of the word no one was too assuming of everyone else's views? It seems like the people who have replied to thread agree that there is nothing wrong with liking trans people, which was really my original point.
(edited 7 years ago)
No, that doesn't make you a bad person.
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775
no ..you are not bad for liking trans women

but if you are male, and these people you "like" are males depicting themselves as females then it does make you sorta gay imo.

Sorry what... 'depicting themselves'? It's how they identify; they are therefore women :smile:
There are definitely the biological questions, which a person entering a relationship would naturally question, but this doesn't affect if OP would be visually attracted to them.
Reply 12
I must say, I'm very confused. Perhaps my use of the word no one was too assuming of everyone else's views? It seems like the people who have replied to thread agree that there is nothing wrong with liking trans people, which was really my original point.

Well, no, it just exposes some weird plot you have regarding who can post what. oh, and humans are not perfect. but then i don't care, since it'snot as if you'll come and personally take my computer from me.
Reply 13
Original post by Ezme39
Sorry what... 'depicting themselves'? It's how they identify; they are therefore women :smile:
There are definitely the biological questions, which a person entering a relationship would naturally question, but this doesn't affect if OP would be visually attracted to them.

If I want to identify as a table does that make me a table? :smile:

If a person does not have an XX chromosome then that person is a male.

Agreed that some trans women look actually more attractive than normal women. But once you find out they are trans if you are still willing to have a relationship with them you are technically gay.

If he wants to be attracted to other men then that's entirely his business and his call if he wants to take it further.

All i'm saying is, technically it is gay. I am not saying it makes him a bad person.
Well, no, it just exposes some weird plot you have regarding who can post what. oh, and humans are not perfect. but then i don't care, since it'snot as if you'll come and personally take my computer from me.

I apologise for giving of the wrong impression. I dont have 'some weird plot' regarding who can post what, it was merely a joke. I know humans are not perfect, but liking trans people certainly isnt one of the reasons.

Again, I apologise for giving of the wrong impression.
As long as you aren't transphobic, don't get their pronouns wrong or anything then its fine.

Edit: also unlike what some people are saying, it isn't gay, because trans women, are in fact, women.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ANM775

Not the same, and suggesting that shows a lack of knowledge on transgender issues 😝
Oh really? So how about chromosome X0... this is also female. There are many chromosomal variations.

Why do we need to label a person as gay or straight? This is an entirely separate issue to the gender identity of a person. If I am attracted to a person that I perceive as male, then I am logically straight - the fact that I may not know this person is a transgender man, doesn't mean I was unwittingly a lesbian?
Original post by ANM775

Agreed that some trans women look actually more attractive than normal women. But once you find out they are trans if you are still willing to have a relationship with them you are technically gay.

If he wants to be attracted to other men then that's entirely his business and his call if he wants to take it further.

All i'm saying is, technically it is gay. I am not saying it makes him a bad person.

no it's not 'technically gay'. if you say you're a woman, you're a woman, even if you've got a massive dick and a 5 o'clock shadow.
Reply 18
Original post by Ezme39
Not the same, and suggesting that shows a lack of knowledge on transgender issues 😝
Oh really? So how about chromosome X0... this is also female. There are many chromosomal variations.

Why do we need to label a person as gay or straight? This is an entirely separate issue to the gender identity of a person. If I am attracted to a person that I perceive as male, then I am logically straight - the fact that I may not know this person is a transgender man, doesn't mean I was unwittingly a lesbian?

I knew someone would come in and cite a rare chromosome mutation that can still be female.

The point I was trying to make is if a person cannot identify on a biological level what he [or she] depicts themselves to be then they are simply not.

and if you are attracted to a person who is depicting themselves as a male, but they are really female I would not consider you a lesbian. However if you entered into a relationship or sexual relations with said person with knowledge of their true gender then I would consider you somewhat lesbian/bi.

I think the world has gone too PC ...and i'm not going to feel guilty about not classing a man in a wig and makeup the same as I would a biologically born woman.
Reply 19
Original post by lostintrnslation
no it's not 'technically gay'. if you say you're a woman, you're a woman, even if you've got a massive dick and a 5 o'clock shadow.

worlds legit gone too PC....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending