The Student Room Group

Tinder at University

I am interested in making a Tinder account when I go to uni but I've never used it, have any of you found success with it, and also I think it could be embarrassing if you see someone you know on there and they don't match with you even though you wanted to but then they would know you were on there, has this been a problem for anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Not had any issues with people knowing I was on there. I matched with a few friends, actually.

I didn't have luck myself, but uni is probably the best environment to find some luck with it. :smile:
I do fine attracting girls in real life (hot ones too). But on tinder I attract no one lol.
Reply 3
Did you go on a date with your friends or was that as a joke
Reply 4
I've seen friends on Tinder, and I always swipe left to avoid awkwardness. If I liked a friend, I'd approach them in real life.
Equally, they wouldn't know that you swiped right unless they did the same - in which case you're both in the same boat and it shouldn't be awkward.
Go for it. It's a good way to meet new people. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Did you go on a date with your friends or was that as a joke

Nah, we just matched.
Sort of want to make it, sort of think it'll ruin my reputation, sort of want to ruin my reputation so don't care.
Reply 8
i know loads of people that use it at uni, not really an issue as far as i can tell
Reply 9
from your experience, is pulling girls easier at uni than it was when you were doin a level and stuff
Good at times. Whenever some of my friends want to go out and I say I'm busy, they always say "another tinder date yeah?" Little bit infuriating
Original post by Dnkz7
from your experience, is pulling girls easier at uni than it was when you were doin a level and stuff

I've never pulled, so I wouldn't know.
I am interested in making a Tinder account when I go to uni but I've never used it, have any of you found success with it, and also I think it could be embarrassing if you see someone you know on there and they don't match with you even though you wanted to but then they would know you were on there, has this been a problem for anyone?

When I was using Tinder, I never swiped right to people who have mutual friends or go to the same university as me. I always went for those without mutual friends and go to different universities.

Personally, I found Tinder successful as I met a down-to-earth guy who is now my current boyfriend <3

If you use the app for the right reasons and have patience, then you will eventually find someone that wants the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
When I was using Tinder, I never swiped right to people who have mutual friends or go to the same university as me. I always went for those without mutual friends and go to different universities.

Personally, I found Tinder successful as I met a down-to-earth guy who is now my current boyfriend <3

If you use the app for the right reasons and have patience, then you will eventually find someone that wants the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

does it tell you who has mutual friends and the university or do you have to know that yourself already?
does it tell you who has mutual friends and the university or do you have to know that yourself already?

It will show you how many connections that person have with your friends, if you scroll down their pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will show you how many connections that person have with your friends, if you scroll down their pictures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean you sort of make your own judgement based on who is in the pictures or is there a literal number or people who are connections, does it connect to fb or something like that? Sorry for the questions I haven't downloaded the app yet so I'm a bit confused,
Reply 16
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University is definitely the best place to be on Tinder. I also think it's an added bonus to be able to recognise someone on tinder you've seen in real life because 1) you don't know if that person swiped right or left on you and they wont know you did unless you matched 2) you have a much MUCH better idea of what someone is like when you see them in person as opposed to photos, and that can help you decide whether or not to swipe right.

People forget that physical attractiveness is a very dynamic thing. When you look at someone, there are many different factors determining whether or not you find that person attractive. (dynamic facial features, their height, voice and way of speaking, mannerisms, style of dressing, hygiene, smell, haircut etc)

I know people who may not be considered very attractive or photogenic in photos but you see them in real life and they're 8-9/10 and you cant even tell its the same person.
Do you mean you sort of make your own judgement based on who is in the pictures or is there a literal number or people who are connections, does it connect to fb or something like that? Sorry for the questions I haven't downloaded the app yet so I'm a bit confused,

Yeah it connects to facebook. So it tells you how many mutual friends you have that way

Tinder is connected with your Facebook account and that's why it shows how many connections that the person have with people you know.

Yeah, it might seem wrong to make a decision based on that. But, that's just me really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending