The Student Room Group

Umar39's GCSE Journey 🔑

:woo:Welcome to Umar39's GCSE Journey!:woo:
Hello!:wavey:I'm Umar39 and this is my GCSE Journey thread for 2016-2017! This thread has been created to be a motivator for both me and you so that we can achieve academic excellence. :h:

My GCSE Subjects
Maths (AQA H)
Further Maths (unsure?)
English (WJEC EDUQAS)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business and Economics (Edexcel)
Design and Technology (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
German (AQA)
Religious Studies (AQA)

Predicted Grades and Aspirations
These grades are based off statistics from my past grades (SAT's, End of Year examinations) as well as predictions made by an educational charity. :smile:

Spoiler

Here are my aspiration grades:

Spoiler

My aspiration grades are very high and I know that to achieve these grades I will have to work exceptionally hard :biggrin:. My aims for GCSE seem quite daunting especially with the new GCSE reforms. Even with this potential set back I believe that I am working hard to achieve my desired gardes. Here are my most recent grades:

Spoiler

My Ambitions
I would definitely take: Biology and Chemistry
I would be interested in taking: Physics, Maths, Business and Economics, an EPQ (?). I would like to achieve as high a grade as possible in whatever I choose at A-Level.

In terms of university (it's never too early... :wink:) I would like to attend a RG university to study medicine or physics. More specifically I would like to attend Imperial College London maybe even Oxbridge! :jiggy:

I haven't really thought of a career yet, maybe it's too early to decide (?). I would enjoy a job where I am learning, working in a team and using both academic and social skills. :biggrin:

On another Point...
I will be updating this thread over the next few days with some interesting links, motivational quotes, articles regarding 2017 examinations and anything else that may be prove useful or interesting to you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by umar39
Hello!:wavey:I'm Umar39 and this is my GCSE Journey thread for 2016-2017! This thread has been created to be a motivator for both me and you so that we can achieve academic excellence. :h:

A little about me...
I'm 15 years old and I go to a grammar school. I enjoy a lot of things such as chess, reading, and gaming (although not all at the same time :tongue:).

My GCSE Subjects
Maths (AQA H)
Further Maths (unsure?)
English (WJEC EDUQAS)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
German (AQA)
Religious Studies (AQA)

These grades are based off statistics from my past grades (SAT's, End of Year examinations) as well as predictions made by an educational charity. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

My aspiration grades are very high and I know that to achieve these grades I will have to work exceptionally hard :biggrin:. My aims for GCSE seem quite daunting especially with the new GCSE reforms. Even with this potential set back I believe that I am working hard to achieve my desired gardes. Here are my most recent grades:

Spoiler

My Ambitions
I would be interested in taking: Physics, Maths, Business and Economics, an EPQ (?). I would like to achieve as high a grade as possible in whatever I choose at A-Level.

In terms of university (it's never too early... :wink:) I would like to attend a RG university to study medicine or physics. More specifically I would like to attend Imperial College London maybe even Oxbridge! :jiggy:

I haven't really thought of a career yet, maybe it's too early to decide (?). I would enjoy a job where I am learning, working in a team and using both academic and social skills. :biggrin:

On another Point...
I will be updating this thread over the next few days with some interesting links, motivational quotes, articles regarding 2017 examinations and anything else that may be prove useful or interesting to you!

this is so exciting! All the best!subbed :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
this is so exciting! All the best!subbed :wink:

Ayy! :colondollar:
Thanks for the appreciation!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thank you so much! :colondollar:
It means a lot to me! :biggrin:
How did your GCSE's go? :smile:
Reply 4
Goooood luck! I did GCSEs last year and they can definitely be difficult at times. Hope you achieve what you want to:badger:
Reply 5
Oh wow! Those GCSE grades are excellent! :awesome:
I wish you all the best in your future!:excited:
Original post by umar39

A little about me...
I'm 15 years old and I go to a grammar school. I enjoy a lot of things such as chess, reading, and gaming (although not all at the same time :tongue:).

My GCSE Subjects
Maths (AQA H)
Further Maths (unsure?)
English (WJEC EDUQAS)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Geography (AQA)
German (AQA)
Religious Studies (AQA)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

My Ambitions

On another Point...

Hey! You've got some great ambitions, and if you keep this motivated you can definitely achieve (or even surpass) them!
Best of luck, and I will be following this thread to see your progress and support you if need be, but I'm sure you'll do great regardless! :biggrin:

I did my GCSEs this year, so if you need help I've still got GCSE revision techniques and other stuff fresh in my mind (although I might not be too helpful as I don't really know about the reformed GCSEs, but nevermind!)

Good luck, and enjoy year 11!
Reply 7
Original post by T0ucan
Goooood luck! I did GCSEs last year and they can definitely be difficult at times. Hope you achieve what you want to:badger:

Thank You! :h:
I hope this thread can motivate me to achieve great GCSE results! :colondollar:
That's a very cool badger, btw. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
Hey! You've got some great ambitions, and if you keep this motivated you can definitely achieve (or even surpass) them!
Best of luck, and I will be following this thread to see your progress and support you if need be, but I'm sure you'll do great regardless! :biggrin:

I did my GCSEs this year, so if you need help I've still got GCSE revision techniques and other stuff fresh in my mind (although I might not be too helpful as I don't really know about the reformed GCSEs, but nevermind!)

Good luck, and enjoy year 11!

Hey! Thanks for the support! :smile:
That offer is very thoughtful of you!:colondollar:
I'll be sure to PM you if I ever need any help.:biggrin:
Thanks again for your kindness!!
Original post by umar39
Hey! Thanks for the support! :smile:
That offer is very thoughtful of you!:colondollar:
I'll be sure to PM you if I ever need any help.:biggrin:
Thanks again for your kindness!!

No problem! When do you start year 11?
Original post by umar39
Ayy! :colondollar:
Thanks for the appreciation!! :biggrin:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :five:
Np! I really hope u get all those fab grades - looks like you are on track!If u ever need any help just ask :wink: I've already done all ur GCSEs plus a few extras minus Business and DT :wink:

thats so good - congrats tasnia :hugs:
No problem :jumphug:I'm sure, with your fab work ethic and effort u put in, it will go just fine! Just keep doing what you're doing and if u ever want a hand, just ask :wink:
I will do my best to help u! :h:
Further maths is definitely AQA
Reply 13
I wish you the best in your GCSE journey :smile:

I have just finished GCSEs and my main advice is to relax and don't put too much stress on to yourself. GCSEs aren't that difficult with the right amount of preparation, and those aspirational grades are definitely achievable.

I mean, I felt I did badly in the exam and worried about it for months, only to find out I got all A*s but one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest