The Student Room Group

Guys I really need help. Pls answer my question

I flopped my a levels and I really don't want to retake a year again is there any state colleges in London that will let me continue with A2 whilst I retake As.
Any colleges in London that will let me do that
Call them up and ask, each place will be different.
Original post by Mikesierra123
I flopped my a levels and I really don't want to retake a year again is there any state colleges in London that will let me continue with A2 whilst I retake As.

All colleges allow students to resit some AS exams while continuing to A2 BUT not if you have totally flopped and basically need to relearn and resit most if not the whole lot. It isn't realistic to think you can be successful. As above, you can only find out who might accept you by calling them and discussing your specific circumstances with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call up some local colleges to see if any are willing to do that, we can't really say much else, it varies from sixth form to sixth form.
St Charles catholic sixth form college is quite flexible
What do you ultimately want to do in terms of uni/career?

If there is a non A level course to facilitate what you wish to achieve I'd urge you to consider something like that instead. You can still get to uni with a btec and A levels aren't for everyone.

If an AS year was hard to pass, it's likely that mashing AS and A2 all into one year is not realistic.*
Retake the year
Reply 8
Try out BSIX college
Original post by samerf
Try out BSIX college

I did but they didn't take me as they classes were filled
Original post by sadunicorn
St Charles catholic sixth form college is quite flexible

Do they usually allow students to that.

Most likely yes:smile: Grab your phone and call round. Look up colleges near you.
Reply 12
I did but they didn't take me as they classes were filled

Ask them to put you on the waiting list. Within the first couple weeks of school bare students drop out.
Original post by samerf
Ask them to put you on the waiting list. Within the first couple weeks of school bare students drop out.

Ok thanks
Reply 14
Ok thanks

Try asking haringey sixth form aswell if they have any spaces. My friends sister enrolled there mid September last year after BSix did not enrol her and she got a place immediately so hopefully they do have spaces available 🙏🏽🙏🏽.
Original post by samerf
Try asking haringey sixth form aswell if they have any spaces. My friends sister enrolled there mid September last year after BSix did not enrol her and she got a place immediately so hopefully they do have spaces available 🙏🏽🙏🏽.

But with me wanting retake my a levels whist continue with second year?

Quick Reply