The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sayswho
That would be really annoying.

Please let me know what you find out.

I will email her first thing, but on the timetable thingy that we can personalise and add our lectures etc on, I get MB and Chem at different times...
Reply 801
Original post by Serine Soul
I will email her first thing, but on the timetable thingy that we can personalise and add our lectures etc on, I get MB and Chem at different times...

I don't think this year's timetable is up yet? If it's timetable.cam.ac.uk, make sure there's 2016-2017.timetable.cam.ac.uk. Everything is still showing as draft to me.
Original post by alow
I don't think this year's timetable is up yet? If it's timetable.cam.ac.uk, make sure there's 2016-2017.timetable.cam.ac.uk. Everything is still showing as draft to me.

Ah yeah, you're right, it's showing 2015-2016.I felt a bit relieved then :redface:
Reply 803
Ah yeah, you're right, it's showing 2015-2016.I felt a bit relieved then :redface:

Will you have to do Maths A if it turns out MB and Chem do clash?
Original post by Zacken
I'm glad it's a deferral - you deserve to be going to Cambridge! Also, crazy to think you've actually gotten into Cambridge whilst going through all that. Make the most of your year off and I'll look forward to seeing you in Camb next year. :smile:

Thank you very much. I don't currently think that I do deserve it. I feel like I've let everyone down, including Cambridge. But, by recovering, hopefully I can earn my place. Look forward to seeing you too :smile:
Reply 805
Original post by Platopus
Thank you very much. I don't currently think that I do deserve it. I feel like I've let everyone down, including Cambridge. But, by recovering, hopefully I can earn my place. Look forward to seeing you too :smile:

You haven't let Cambridge down. They gave you an offer because they think you are capable of doing well there and clearly the admissions people still think you can, but they realise you'll do much better once you're at a better place in your life outside of academics.
Original post by alow
You haven't let Cambridge down. They gave you an offer because they think you are capable of doing well there and clearly the admissions people still think you can, but they realise you'll do much better once you're at a better place in your life outside of academics.

I hope you are right. What is done is done and I will make it better. But, it still goes to show that Cambridge is a wonderfully caring place, despite all the things ignorant people spout about its pastoral care. My school was certainly never so accommodating when I suffered previously.
Reply 807
I hope you are right. What is done is done and I will make it better. But, it still goes to show that Cambridge is a wonderfully caring place, despite all the things ignorant people spout about its pastoral care. My school was certainly never so accommodating when I suffered previously.

It can be a very emotionally draining place at times but there will always be people who you can talk to and who care about you, be it your DoS, tutor, college nurse, a supervisor or a porter.
i thought this was university of cumbria freshers... god damn
Finally finished my painting of Caius College after 1 year 😅
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Finally finished my painting of Caius College after 1 year 😅

nice! can u post it?
Original post by alow
It can be a very emotionally draining place at times but there will always be people who you can talk to and who care about you, be it your DoS, tutor, college nurse, a supervisor or a porter.

Yes, that us what I have found already! The Senior Tutor and college nurse have been nothing but wonderful. I'm feeling so positive about going somewhere that has such a good support system in place. I don't think I could have chosen a better university for it.
Original post by alow
Will you have to do Maths A if it turns out MB and Chem do clash?

Yeah, I can't see myself doing anything else other than Chem as my third module tbh
Reply 813
Yes, that us what I have found already! The Senior Tutor and college nurse have been nothing but wonderful. I'm feeling so positive about going somewhere that has such a good support system in place. I don't think I could have chosen a better university for it.

The college system definitely means you do get more support than at other universities, as you have quite a few people that can look out for you as they only have a handful of students to worry about as opposed to several thousand. With this attitude I'm sure you'll be able to figure everything out and succeed.
Reply 814
Yeah, I can't see myself doing anything else other than Chem as my third module tbh

Maths A isn't that bad, and you'll learn a lot of useful methods stuff which may well help you at a later date.

Also chem is great (although I may be slightly biased :tongue:)
Original post by EnglishMuon
nice! can u post it?

I posted an earlier version whilst in progress on the other thread but this is now the final one :biggrin: (Tried to add a watermark but had no idea how to hence the rubbish text in the corner😅)

DSC_0006.jpg
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
I posted an earlier version whilst in progress on the other thread but this is now the final one :biggrin: (Tried to add a watermark but had no idea how to hence the rubbish text in the corner😅)

DSC_0006.jpg

Amazing!
And you're going to be a natsci?
What a waste..............:tongue:

Have you had formal training/lessons in painting?
It's really really good. Seriously.
I'm immune!
Original post by vincrows
Amazing!
And you're going to be a natsci?
What a waste..............:tongue:

Have you had formal training/lessons in painting?
It's really really good. Seriously.

Aha yes, NatSci - very kind words, thank you! :smile: Had I taken Art at A-Level instead of Biology, I would certainly have considered architecture :biggrin:

Haven't had any formal painting lessons. I took Art at GCSE but I first picked up a brush, paints and canvas in year 8 and essentially taught myself when I had to spend a long period of time off school. Lower school art lessons weren't the most stimulating either :P
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm immune!

Meningitis?

Quick Reply