The Student Room Group

Biochemistry vs Biomedical science vs Medicine

Hi I've just joined TSR and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am interested in doing scientific/medical research in the future but not sure which course I should be applying for. For example is doing medicine just for doctors? It would be helpful if someone could clarify the three different types for me. Currently I will be studying my A levels which are maths, further maths, biology, chemistry and epq. My gcse results were 9a* 2a and an a in addmaths. Also could someone help me in terms of which is harder to get into universities such as oxford. Thank you.
You don't need any specific degree to go into research. Doing a medicine degree would be a waste of time. All research requires is a scientific undergraduate degree since you'll progress onto a more specific PhD.
Reply 2
Original post by TraineeBMS
You don't need any specific degree to go into research. Doing a medicine degree would be a waste of time. All research requires is a scientific undergraduate degree since you'll progress onto a more specific PhD.

Ah ok thanks. So I just need biochemistry in order to do medical research for the nhs and other groups?
Original post by Ludovik
Ah ok thanks. So I just need biochemistry in order to do medical research for the nhs and other groups?

You can't really research for the NHS. They use 3rd party info ans non research staff will research into any new equipment they may buy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending