The Student Room Group

Deloitte online blended assessment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hodgey111
Invited to take the online blended assessment today for the tax 2017 scheme. Will do it later tonight.

Same here, also invited for the online assessments for Tax. Hoping I do at least well enough to get through really! But im working pretty much everyday, so i need to find some time in the evening (or morning) to do it. This may seem like a dumb question but i just want to make sure. If i got the email yesterday and its 5 working days, it definitely doesn't include this weekend right? Lol
Reply 121
If you check the email again, it may not be the same for tax, they say if you need to take 10 working days to complete it that's fine no need to let them know, and if you do need more than 10 working days to complete then email them to let them know when your earliest convenience is. This is based on what they sent me in regards to tests (Risk advisory) so it may be different. In any case either email their recruitment team or tweet at them, and they are very quick to respond!
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Same here, also invited for the online assessments for Tax. Hoping I do at least well enough to get through really! But im working pretty much everyday, so i need to find some time in the evening (or morning) to do it. This may seem like a dumb question but i just want to make sure. If i got the email yesterday and its 5 working days, it definitely doesn't include this weekend right? Lol

I'm in the same boat working full-time every day. Debating whether to wait until a weekend morning and do it then. It won't include a weekend so you'll be able to do it next Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday I think.
Hi everyone,

I have got to sit the blended assessment for the summer internship programme. Any ideas where to get Capp or JobMI practise tests?

Thank you :smile:
Just completed the online blended assessment. Thought it was ok, but struggled a bit with the logical inferences part of the verbal element of the test.

Also received my Cosmic Cadet game feedback. Said I am less persistent and resilient than others but besides that I'm either average or above average for all the other traits. Annoying because I quit that rocket part of the game relatively quickly because didn't think it would harm my application, not because I didn't think I could eventually do it.
Original post by hodgey111
Just completed the online blended assessment. Thought it was ok, but struggled a bit with the logical inferences part of the verbal element of the test.

Also received my Cosmic Cadet game feedback. Said I am less persistent and resilient than others but besides that I'm either average or above average for all the other traits. Annoying because I quit that rocket part of the game relatively quickly because didn't think it would harm my application, not because I didn't think I could eventually do it.

Yeah with the game kept getting close to the end but kept missing the target and going back to the beginning. I was going to quit early too but something told me the game was testing how persistent i would be or whether i would quit when things get difficult. So kept playing it for a while lol. But honestly dont think it matters too much.
Yeah with the game kept getting close to the end but kept missing the target and going back to the beginning. I was going to quit early too but something told me the game was testing how persistent i would be or whether i would quit when things get difficult. So kept playing it for a while lol. But honestly dont think it matters too much.

Wish I'd done the same to be honest, but saw on here plenty had quit so did not think anything of it. Oh well, I still passed.
Reply 127
I sent off the proof for my extenuating circumstances on Monday. Still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Passed the online tests and told they will be in contact in due course, presumably with an interview date? When will I be able to view the feedback?
Guys are the numerical tests really hard? I'm just scared I'll fail due to this area
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied to Delottie for Risk Advisory Service scheme. Got rejected without even doing any tests.

Does anyone know if they are really strict on their entry requirements? Because thats the only area that I can see that I might not have been strong enough. I think my answers to the questions were fine. I have investment bank intern experience in risk department, UCL masters in Financial Risk Management, 2.1 in Economics from Birmingham, but I don't (technically) meet the UCAS points, and I don't have B grade GCSE maths and English.*

Original post by jxh499
Hello all (yes, me again.)

Got an email today inviting me to take Deloitte's 'blended online assessment' and I'm wondering what exactly is this?

A quick google (and i mean quick) hasn't given me anything, is this just Deloitte's way of referring to numeracy, verbal, critical thinking testing, or is it something different altogether?

Oh, and I've been given 5 days to complete it, so any speedy responses would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, was wondering, Is it possible to take the separate parts of the asssessment at separate times (i.e the numerical test one day..the verbal one the next ??) or does the setup require you take the whole thing together? I.e the numerical , verbal, pyschometric in succession
Original post by josh_v
I applied to Delottie for Risk Advisory Service scheme. Got rejected without even doing any tests.

Does anyone know if they are really strict on their entry requirements? Because thats the only area that I can see that I might not have been strong enough. I think my answers to the questions were fine. I have investment bank intern experience in risk department, UCL masters in Financial Risk Management, 2.1 in Economics from Birmingham, but I don't (technically) meet the UCAS points, and I don't have B grade GCSE maths and English.*

^There's your answer. My friend got rejected from a number of places for a similar reason.
Original post by Foxab77
^There's your answer. My friend got rejected from a number of places for a similar reason.

I had no problem getting through the first stage with PwC or KPMG, and they had the same requirements. Made me wonder if Deloitte had a reputation for being particularly strict.

Although I can't complain too much, since it does clearly state the minimum requirements its still frustrating. I would have hoped a masters degree would outweigh not getting a B in my GCSE maths 11 years ago.*
Just completed the assessment; hope I did well. But honestly that assessment was so long!
Do you think its worth emailing student recruitment to tell them I lost internet connection at one point so was trying to figure out how to reconnect without losing anything? Or does it not matter because: a) it was only on one question and b) it did say at the beginning of the assessment that even if you lose connection it will save from where you last finished off.

Let me know what you think.

p.s. I also didnt get a feedback report after I finished mine like some of you did; wish I did!
Just completed the assessment; hope I did well. But honestly that assessment was so long!
Do you think its worth emailing student recruitment to tell them I lost internet connection at one point so was trying to figure out how to reconnect without losing anything? Or does it not matter because: a) it was only on one question and b) it did say at the beginning of the assessment that even if you lose connection it will save from where you last finished off.

Let me know what you think.

p.s. I also didnt get a feedback report after I finished mine like some of you did; wish I did!

You'll receive it soon. Got mine late last night.
Has anyone achieved anything other than below average yet on the verbal dexterity tests? I was also shocked to see I received this as I thought it was the strongest element of my assessment...
I passed the online assessment and they sent me an email asking when I could come in for an interview. I replied saying when I was free and they haven't gotten back to me yet and it's been over a week. Is this normal or should I email them again?
Original post by Greenhill2
I passed the online assessment and they sent me an email asking when I could come in for an interview. I replied saying when I was free and they haven't gotten back to me yet and it's been over a week. Is this normal or should I email them again?

When did you get the email asking for your availability? :smile:

(Oh & what division and level did you apply for?)
Original post by sleepinglions
When did you get the email asking for your availability? :smile:

(Oh & what division and level did you apply for?)

I got the email about a week ago and I applied for the summer vacation audit role :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending