The Student Room Group

Number of modules....

Is it better to do a course with a larger number of modules (8 per year) or a lower number (3/4) per year?
Doesn't make a difference. The more modules the less content per module.
Reply 2
Original post by TraineeBMS
Doesn't make a difference. The more modules the less content per module.

Really?

I thought maybe it is better to have more modules so you can study a wider range of topics rather than being limited to 3 per year... plus how would you extend three modules for a whole year?
Original post by 13051997
Really?

I thought maybe it is better to have more modules so you can study a wider range of topics rather than being limited to 3 per year... plus how would you extend three modules for a whole year?

By covering more in-depth content within that year rather than spreading it over 2-3 years.
Reply 4
really gonna depend on the specific course
Reply 5
By covering more in-depth content within that year rather than spreading it over 2-3 years.

What you recommend then? Not really sure what would be best (studying Biology btw)
What you recommend then? Not really sure what would be best (studying Biology btw)

I really wouldn't worry yourself with it.
Reply 7
I really wouldn't worry yourself with it.

are you sure?
are you sure?

Yes it really doesn't make a difference. What are you wanting to go into after your degree?
Reply 9
Yes it really doesn't make a difference. What are you wanting to go into after your degree?

Not really sure atm
I think that's more of an issue than how many modules you have.
Reply 11
I think that's more of an issue than how many modules you have.

So it would be better to do more modules?

Atm looking at Cardiff University (love the city), which in first year is 6 (20 credit) modules, second year 3 (40 credit) modules and then final year 4 (30 credit) modules OR Southampton Uni (not so keen on the city) which offers 8 modules per year (15 credits each)
More credit means more content or it's harder in some other way. They're all the same.
Reply 13
I'm kinda concerned about it though, are you sure it would be pretty similar?
Reply 14
Original post by Alexion
really gonna depend on the specific course

I'm doing biology? what would you suggest...more modules with less credit or less modules but more in-depth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending