The Student Room Group

Any bugs / glitches when using TSR?

I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam :smile:

Scroll to see replies

1: When the notifications stop working!

2: When tsr refreshes randomly so i lose everything ive written!

3: When my posts fail to send and im not aware of it!

4: PRSOM :colonhash: (Not a glitch as such but very annoying!) (maybe relax it for people youre following?)

5: Erm i think thats all
The search function :lol: but the grievances from a fair few users are listed on that thread.

Apart from that it's all going okay for me :hide:
Reply 3
Doing the @ sign doesn't let me tag people. I've always had to tag people using the other method and it sucks. Why?
Original post by UWS
Doing the @ sign doesn't let me tag people. I've always had to tag people using the other method and it sucks. Why?

What message editor are you using? You want to be enhanced

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
Reply 5
Original post by ChrisN
What message editor are you using? You want to be enhanced

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

@ChrisN Woooooo it worked! Thanks! But I really think this should be made more clear, it's been 6 years and I never knew about this :frown:
Original post by UWS
@ChrisN Woooooo it worked! Thanks! But I really think this should be made more clear, it's been 6 years and I never knew about this :frown:

@captainjack is on the case. We are killing off the other editors and switching everyone over. This editor is newish with all mod cons
Original post by FireFreezer77
1: When the notifications stop working!

2: When tsr refreshes randomly so i lose everything ive written!

3: When my posts fail to send and im not aware of it!

4: PRSOM :colonhash: (Not a glitch as such but very annoying!) (maybe relax it for people youre following?)

5: Erm i think thats all

all of the first 3. I don't get notifications anymore even if someone has quoted me. :dontknow:
There are weird asterisks that appear when I hit the enter button sometimes.* *

I'm using a Mac, and I've noticed it on a few other posters' comments, but it is kind of annoying.

:lol:
Original post by UWS

Oh and this too. I used to be able to do this but that's stopped for a few months now *
Original post by queen-bee
all of the first 3. I don't get notifications anymore even if someone has quoted me. :dontknow:

Yeah i get that occasionally!
Its so annoying!!
So very annoying!

Dont suppose youre a tech wizard?
- Can't multiquote (still :biggrin:)
- When I vote in the poll on the right side of the page, it takes me to the last thread I went to or sometimes to a random one
In the morning TSR kept on refreshing even though it wasn't if that makes any sense.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah i get that occasionally!
Its so annoying!!
So very annoying!

Dont suppose youre a tech wizard?

unfortunately not!
Reply 14
Original post by ChrisN
I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

I want a refund.
Original post by queen-bee
unfortunately not!

Ah damn!
If only you were :moon:
Reply 16
The app was last updated in 2013 😱😱😱
It needs a good updated and it often crashes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChrisN

That is right! I am irritating for some months, as stars(*) in my comments appear when I am finishing and submitting them. It is time to change that.*:mad:
Original post by saraxh
In the morning TSR kept on refreshing even though it wasn't if that makes any sense.

You overloaded TSR with your beauty!
Original post by IKEAPanda37
- Can't multiquote (still :biggrin:)

Please can you let me know what message editor you are using in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

You want to be 'enhanced'

Can you also describe what you are doing and what isn't working? And what browser you are using? Is it the same in other browsers?

Thanks

Quick Reply