The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Freshers prep!

I have a wristband to attend every evening event during Freshers week (photo below) and I was just wondering if any second/third year students knew if there is anything that you would recommend we bring/wear to these events? What is a t shirt party?! Do you wear bright colours to a UV thing? I don't want to be that awkward girl in the corner who didnt come prepared for an event
image.jpg
Freshbook t-shirt party, everybody gets given a white t shirt with the Facebook logo, you write your name on it so that people you meet can easily add you on Facebook.

UV paint party, just wear clothes you don't mind getting slightly wrecked haha :smile: bright colours, glow sticks etc would be a plus. It's a shame we're not having a foam party this year because we had that at my freshers and it was awesome. Highly recommend going if the union puts one on later in the year.

However, the best event on the list there is Bierkeller for sure! Everyone raves about it, and after three years at Aber I still haven't managed to snag a ticket haha. Make sure you also join loads of clubs and societies and go on their nights out, they will show you all the many wonders of Aber's nightlife :wink:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by EuskaltelEuskadi
Freshbook t-shirt party, everybody gets given a white t shirt with the Facebook logo, you write your name on it so that people you meet can easily add you on Facebook.

UV paint party, just wear clothes you don't mind getting slightly wrecked haha :smile: bright colours, glow sticks etc would be a plus. It's a shame we're not having a foam party this year because we had that at my freshers and it was awesome. Highly recommend going if the union puts one on later in the year.

However, the best event on the list there is Bierkeller for sure! Everyone raves about it, and after three years at Aber I still haven't managed to snag a ticket haha. Make sure you also join loads of clubs and societies and go on their nights out, they will show you all the many wonders of Aber's nightlife :wink:

This is super helpful thank you!! I have a list of societies I'd like to look into and my dad has paid for me to go to activities week this year so I am super excited to dive into the Freshers experience!!
Awesome! (Shameless plug coming up...) We'd love to see you at fencing in activities week! We're a super chilled out sport, we're all nerds really and love to have a good time while occasionally sword fighting! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest