The Student Room Group

I failed!!!

C in English language, B in English literature, B in maths and C in additional science!! In my personal standards this is a failure. I need a B in additional science so that I can do A level science and a B in Maths is fine to do A level maths but I desperately wanted an A. Shall I redo my GCSE Exams?
Original post by varshan_k
C in English language, B in English literature, B in maths and C in additional science!! In my personal standards this is a failure. I need a B in additional science so that I can do A level science and a B in Maths is fine to do A level maths but I desperately wanted an A. Shall I redo my GCSE Exams?

Don't redo it, ask your college if they will allow you to still do additional science, do it in person though! Ask them is there any alternatives like you will get more help -along those lines. Even if they don't allow you just go to a college that will, it isn't worth it redoing it (imo).
Reply 2
Original post by 10Fatanda
Don't redo it, ask your college if they will allow you to still do additional science, do it in person though! Ask them is there any alternatives like you will get more help -along those lines. Even if they don't allow you just go to a college that will, it isn't worth it redoing it (imo).

Thanks so much for your advice, however I went to every college that's near me and they all request a minimum grade B in additional science which is extremely unfortunate now I've already picked my A-level subjects which are: Accounting, business studies, economics and maths? By any chance, do you know if this is a good combination and do you also know if it opens up good opportunities at uni??

Thanks again.
Thanks so much for your advice, however I went to every college that's near me and they all request a minimum grade B in additional science which is extremely unfortunate now I've already picked my A-level subjects which are: Accounting, business studies, economics and maths? By any chance, do you know if this is a good combination and do you also know if it opens up good opportunities at uni??

Thanks again.

Maths and Economics are a good combination, but accounting is deemed a 'soft subject' so some top unis may look down on you. Economics and business (maybe even accounting) overlap, a lot of unis don't like that. If you are not aiming for a top uni its alright but maths and economics will be good with two other subjects to get to a top uni.

Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by 10Fatanda
Maths and Economics are a good combination, but accounting is deemed a 'soft subject' so some top unis may look down on you. Economics and business (maybe even accounting) overlap, a lot of unis don't like that. If you are not aiming for a top uni its alright but maths and economics will be good with two other subjects to get to a top uni.

Good luck

thanks a lot for your advice, it means a lot! Would you consider University of Brighton and University of Southampton top universities? I just want to get into a decent university.
thanks a lot for your advice, it means a lot! Would you consider University of Brighton and University of Southampton top universities? I just want to get into a decent university.

You should be fine I believe. As long as you smash your a levels and get AAB+ should be alright. Just don't give up. Make sure you check both unis entry requirements yourself though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest