The Student Room Group

Attendance at university not confirmed by SLC??

So I applied for student finance for tuition fees and maintenance loans all within the deadline for getting paid on time. During my online enrolment for the uni it says that the student finance people haven't confirmed my attendance at the university? But I sent away all of my forms and my signed declaration form to the SLC so why is it saying this? I'm really worrying now that I won't get my loans because I did everything that I was supposed to and I'm worried I won't get my tuition fees paid and that I won't be able to pay for halls of residence.
Reply 1
Original post by ariel966
So I applied for student finance for tuition fees and maintenance loans all within the deadline for getting paid on time. During my online enrolment for the uni it says that the student finance people haven't confirmed my attendance at the university? But I sent away all of my forms and my signed declaration form to the SLC so why is it saying this? I'm really worrying now that I won't get my loans because I did everything that I was supposed to and I'm worried I won't get my tuition fees paid and that I won't be able to pay for halls of residence.

You have to be physically at uni, not just enrolled online. You won't get your loan until you have actually arrived. If you're in uni accommdation, they will be aware of this.
Reply 2
Original post by ariel966

As above, online enrolment does not trigger SF payments. It's just a uni admin process which gives them an idea of student numbers so they can compile timetables, set up systems accesses, assign tutor groups etc.

Your SF payments are only triggered when you turn up on campus and enrol in person, usually during Induction or Freshers' Week. The uni inform SF that you have actually turned up and then SF releases your money.

Halls will be well aware that the majority of students rely on SF, and they should hopefully not demand payment before your campus enrolment date.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending