The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Meningitis?

Yeah, I got it today lol. Just thought I'd post to remind everyone else :lol:
Original post by Serine Soul
Yeah, I got it today lol. Just thought I'd post to remind everyone else :lol:

Aah I had mine the other day! :biggrin: The first thing I definitely did not think was that I can now safely kiss boys ... O_O
Aah I had mine the other day! :biggrin: The first thing I definitely did not think was that I can now safely kiss boys ... O_O

We can? O: Still won't protect against mono tho
How do you leave a line inside a spoiler thing?
I wrote out a 20ish line maths-y explanation inside one and it's a bit of a mess
Original post by Serine Soul
We can? O: Still won't protect against mono tho

Yeah, that's how that strain of meningitis is passed on apparently!

Ah, it is indeed. Not that I'll be kissing anyone anyway but it's good to feel protected aha
Reply 826

Lovely.
Original post by alow
Lovely.

Better to be safe than sorry :P
Reply 828
Better to be safe than sorry :P

You only have to get the vaccine if you're a fresher. Older years were vaccinated for a different strain.

So, moral of the story: no getting off with your college parents.
Original post by alow
You only have to get the vaccine if you're a fresher. Older years were vaccinated for a different strain.

So, moral of the story: no getting off with your college parents.

Ah I see...
Original post by alow
You only have to get the vaccine if you're a fresher. Older years were vaccinated for a different strain.So, moral of the story: no getting off with your college parents.

Alternative moral: college siblings are fair game.
Reply 831
Original post by Zacken
Alternative moral: college siblings are fair game.

Good luck with that.

Just think... If she does the same course as you, you may end up in supervisions with her :tongue:
Original post by alow
Good luck with that.

Just think... If she does the same course as you, you may end up in supervisions with her :tongue:

Better than trying your luck with the supervisor. :tongue:

I'm the only mathmo in a history/MML family. I feel like I've been adopted. :'(
Reply 833
Original post by Zacken
Better than trying your luck with the supervisor. :tongue:

I'm the only mathmo in a history/MML family. I feel like I've been adopted. :'(

Oh god I know someone who was obsessed with trying to sleep with his supervisor in 1A. It was hilarious.

Aww!
Original post by alow
Oh god I know someone who was obsessed with trying to sleep with his supervisor in 1A. It was hilarious.

Aww!

How did it go?
Reply 835
Original post by ValerieKR
How did it go?

Not great. Not great at all.
Incest smh
Reply 837
Hey,
Coming for law at Sidney Sussex.
Any other Sidney freshers out here?
Had some questions about the collage also, if any current students at Sidney see this...
Aha yes, NatSci - very kind words, thank you! :smile: Had I taken Art at A-Level instead of Biology, I would certainly have considered architecture :biggrin:

Haven't had any formal painting lessons. I took Art at GCSE but I first picked up a brush, paints and canvas in year 8 and essentially taught myself when I had to spend a long period of time off school. Lower school art lessons weren't the most stimulating either :P

I see.
Is landscape painting your favourite?

My daughter thought of reading Architecture at uni for a short while, but gave up the idea when she realized A-level Art is quite crucial subject for it, and she's not interested in Art.....:tongue:

You might've looked into it already, but there're several art-related clubs/societies at Cambridge (university-wide ones). I think a few colleges have their own as well.
Maybe interested?
Original post by alow

Aww!

Oh god... Eww... just to clarify, I was only joking - I'm not actually obsessed with finding someone :P (Least of all a supervisor that would be weird)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending