The Student Room Group

Should I tell a girl her boyfriend is cheating?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
What am I countering. The mistake thing was the only bit worth responding to really. I already said what I had to say and you said something about cornflakes...

Lol, okay dude, whatever.
Original post by 0to100
Take it easy and mind your business bro. If I was the girl's bf and you snitched on me when you're not close to either of us like that...

Hahah I'm replying to the goddamn thread mate. What you gonna do to me? Eh?

And why do i get the feeling you've already been in the girl's bf's position hmm? You're coming off a little sketchy over this subject matter.
Original post by AndrewSCO
Hahah I'm replying to the goddamn thread mate. What you gonna do to me? Eh?

And why do i get the feeling you've already been in the girl's bf's position hmm? You're coming off a little sketchy over this subject matter.

judging me?
These bro's ain't loyal...

Whilst I could probably excuse a 'mistake' once possibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol provided he was truly repentant and honest about doing it it sound like in your situation the guy is a serial cheater and is not being honest or open with his girlfriend at all. If I was in her situation I would like to be told if my bf was doing something behind my back.
Original post by 0to100
judging me?

At least I'm not making threats over the internet to people replying to a thread on TSR and not even talking to you either. You must think you're so crazy.
Reply 25
Original post by 0to100
Take it easy and mind your business bro. If I was the girl's bf and you snitched on me when you're not close to either of us like that...

Just because you don't know a person well doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell them crucial information, like the fact that they are being cheated on.

Your logic is flawed. You are basically advocating for OP to knowingly allow an innocent girl to get cheated on. And it's not "snitching", OP gave him a chance the first time round and didn't tell the girl, but now it's time to step up and do the right thing.
Reply 26
Tell her if there is no bad repercussions for you.
At least I'm not making threats over the internet to people replying to a thread on TSR and not even talking to you either. You must think you're so crazy.

I wasnt making threats to you. Do you feel threatened? :rofl: Stop being a baby. But yes if someone did decide it was their right or business to tell my gf something my reaction would be unpredictable to say the least. I know for sure I'm not alone here, maybe on tsr with the abundance of sheltered teens sure.
Original post by lonyeka
Just because you don't know a person well doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell them crucial information, like the fact that they are being cheated on.

Your logic is flawed. You are basically advocating for OP to knowingly allow an innocent girl to get cheated on. And it's not "snitching", OP gave him a chance the first time round and didn't tell the girl, but now it's time to step up and do the right thing.

I mean it's easy to jump on the trolly and say the same thing as everyone else is. Maybe you're bored or smething but no realistically speaking most ppl dont' mind stranger's business like this. If you're walking by a stranger at the supermarket and see they're with their partner, and then the partner walks off and you overhear the person speaking on the phone to someone else going "mm baby can't wait to see you" I mean would you go track their partner down and tell them while they're checking out cheese? Who do you think you are to do that :laugh:
Original post by 0to100
I wasnt making threats to you. Do you feel threatened? :rofl: Stop being a baby. But yes if someone did decide it was their right or business to tell my gf something my reaction would be unpredictable to say the least. I know for sure I'm not alone here, maybe on tsr with the abundance of sheltered teens sure.

"If you ever did that to me..." don't think you were insinuating you were gonna take me for ice-cream buddy. If someone did that to you then you would have gotten exactly what you deserved. Maybe you'll find out one day? I reckon so.
"If you ever did that to me..." don't think you were insinuating you were gonna take me for ice-cream buddy. If someone did that to you then you would have gotten exactly what you deserved. Maybe you'll find out one day? I reckon so.

Now what are you insinuating? That I'm a cheat. You're taking this a bit too emotionally.
All I'm telling you is, I'm sure whoever you did that to would like to get bck at you. The world isn't TSR.
Tell her at your own risk op and good luck. It's hardly a crime you should be reporting though.
Personally I wouldn't want someone else telling me, esp one he cheated on me with. It would kill me. But then again I'd I want to know, she will figure it out on her own though. Leave it. She might want to kill you.
Original post by 0to100
Now what are you insinuating? That I'm a cheat. You're taking this a bit too emotionally.
All I'm telling you is, I'm sure whoever you did that to would like to get bck at you. The world isn't TSR.

I'm taking it too emotionally? I didn't say anything to you, you started this argument, I also tried to end it by saying "okay whatever" and you didn't let it go. Instead started telling me about the "unpredictable reactions" you were gonna have to me. So scary. Maybe the guy I did that too should look at himself in the mirror before adding "assaulter" onto "cheater". Sounds like a catch, I'd feel so bad for denying this girl of him :rolleyes:
Morally, it's generally right to let someone know they're being snaked out, but, in real life, I wouldn't get involved if I didn't know the people involved. It's a bit weird to meddle in the affairs of complete strangers.

This is a bit different, though, especially since OP has herself hooked up with the cheater. In OP's situation, I'd feel obliged to let the girl know; cheating is one of the scummiest things someone can do and the girl would be better off knowing the truth as soon as possible.
Original post by xobeauty
Personally I wouldn't want someone else telling me, esp one he cheated on me with. It would kill me. But then again I'd I want to know, she will figure it out on her own though. Leave it. She might want to kill you.

Yeah, that's the thing. As much as it may be right to inform the girl, nobody knows how she would react, even when proof of cheating is provided. Plus the bloke would react angrily, too. You'd perhaps have to find a way to give the girl the information anonymously.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I personally don't get involved in other people's business unless it's someone close to me. Up to you and your conscience though, it's only for you to decide.

I think you have to take into account that OP actually slept with the cheater. You might feel more invested in that situation than if you'd never even spoken to either party.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by 0to100
I mean it's easy to jump on the trolly and say the same thing as everyone else is. Maybe you're bored or smething but no realistically speaking most ppl dont' mind stranger's business like this. If you're walking by a stranger at the supermarket and see they're with their partner, and then the partner walks off and you overhear the person speaking on the phone to someone else going "mm baby can't wait to see you" I mean would you go track their partner down and tell them while they're checking out cheese? Who do you think you are to do that :laugh:

Firstly how would I know it's their partner if I'm just walking through a supermarket. I would have to make an assumption that this is the case, for all I know they could be polyamorous.

And when I said what I did previously I was talking in context about OPs situation as you did when you spoke about how you would react if you were the girl's boyfriend. Although the girl is a stranger to OP, she is a stranger that OP is tied to so I don't think it's comparable to the situation you described. OP knows for a fact that the girl is being cheated on, so why retain this information that is going help her out. She can move of from her boyfriend and find a guy that will respect her and treat her better.
I'm taking it too emotionally? I didn't say anything to you, you started this argument, I also tried to end it by saying "okay whatever" and you didn't let it go. Instead started telling me about the "unpredictable reactions" you were gonna have to me. So scary. Maybe the guy I did that too should look at himself in the mirror before adding "assaulter" onto "cheater". Sounds like a catch, I'd feel so bad for denying this girl of him :rolleyes:

Just take it as a warning that you're messing with someone's personal life when you have no business to, and yes you're gonna have to deal with their reaction. That's how the real world works.
Original post by lonyeka
Firstly how would I know it's their partner if I'm just walking through a supermarket. I would have to make an assumption that this is the case, for all I know they could be polyamorous.

And when I said what I did previously I was talking in context about OPs situation as you did when you spoke about how you would react if you were the girl's boyfriend. Although the girl is a stranger to OP, she is a stranger that OP is tied to so I don't think it's comparable to the situation you described. OP knows for a fact that the girl is being cheated on, so why retain this information that is going help her out. She can move of from her boyfriend and find a guy that will respect her and treat her better.

It just sounds like sabotage and not something honourable as you are trying to put it.
Original post by 0to100
Just take it as a warning that you're messing with someone's personal life when you have no business to, and yes you're gonna have to deal with their reaction. That's how the real world works.

I'll bare that in mind buddy. Thank you so much for your advice.
She's not even dating the guy anymore. It's not her business at all, who are you people?! lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending