The Student Room Group

Do you regret your username?

Scroll to see replies

Nope, Pokémon Ruby is still one of my favourites :biggrin:
Reply 21
Wish I'd just gone for math42 so people stop referring to me as the guy with all the numbers in his name
Not really, it still sufficiently amuses me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Wish I'd just gone for math42 so people stop referring to me as the guy with all the numbers in his name

seriously what do they mean?
Original post by Student403

:rofl: I acc want to know now too.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
:rofl: I acc want to know now too.

The sum of 13 1 20 and 8 is 42, so I guess it's a meaning of life meme

EDIT: the letters also correspond to the positions Math takes in the alphabet, hence math42 as an alternate name
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by drandy76
The sum of 13 1 20 and 8 is 42, so I guess it's a meaning of life meme

EDIT: the letters also correspond to the positions Math takes in the alphabet, hence math42 as an alternate name
Posted from TSR Mobile

whoah I never even noticed that that's the sum. That's cool...
whoah I never even noticed that that's the sum. That's cool...

Wait, what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

It was purely based on the alphabet thing. I didn't think to add the numbers up lol.
It was purely based on the alphabet thing. I didn't think to add the numbers up lol.

Where did you get the 42 from then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Where did you get the 42 from then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just threw it in there for the reference really.
Some have suggested that I am saying math is the meaning of the life, but it was much more random when I made the name I think..
Some have suggested that I am saying math is the meaning of the life, but it was much more random when I made the name I think..

You have untapped genius my young numberphile friend.

Ah fair enough, I think I recall seeing a video about where the 42 thing came from but where exactly seems to be eluding me as of now

Posted from TSR Mobile
nop not at all :h:
Reply 34
Ah fair enough, I think I recall seeing a video about where the 42 thing came from but where exactly seems to be eluding me as of now

Posted from TSR Mobile

It comes from Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Inhabitants of a certain planet of highly intelligent beings build a supercomputer designed to answer the "ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything". It does so over the course of millions of years, and returns the answer "42".
It comes from Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Inhabitants of a certain planet of highly intelligent beings build a supercomputer designed to answer the "ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything". It does so over the course of millions of years, and returns the answer "42".

That explains why I'm somewhat familiar with the name Douglas Adams.... Is the book good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. I love the word sinfonietta. I was obsessed with Tomohisa Yamashita's album SUPERGOOD, SUPERBAD when I registered and it had a beautiful song called Tokyo Sinfonietta on it. The opening lyrics go something like:*

"Sin-fo-nie-tta
Love cry smile kiss
Shine rainbow bliss"*

Simplistic but catchy. :smile:*
Original post by Student403

*prsom*
Yes it's a stupid name - at the time I didn't plan on using TSR at all :colondollar:
As the Autumn months roll in , take a look up to the sky and find Orions belt.. look slightly north at that big bright reddish star.

Thats me TSR, thats me. Here with you always to comfort you and guide you through the great winter x

Quick Reply

Latest