The Student Room Group

Ugg boots are so expensive, any alternatives?

I wouldn't look cheap if I got similar boots that aren't uggs, will I?
Reply 1
They're horrible and at least five years out of date. They're a design based on scraps of sheepskin Australian sheep farmers couldn't sew into anything else and the original designers haven't made a penny from this multi-million dollar industry selling cheaply-made, massively overpriced peasant boots to rich Europeans. Save your money, spend less of it on footwear that doesn't just slavishly follow what you see other people wearing, doesn't rip off the original designers and doesn't pour your hard-earned money into the pockets of people like that. And get something original and stylish while you're at it.

IMHO.
Original post by saster
They're horrible and at least five years out of date. They're a design based on scraps of sheepskin Australian sheep farmers couldn't sew into anything else and the original designers haven't made a penny from this multi-million dollar industry selling cheaply-made, massively overpriced peasant boots to rich Europeans. Save your money, spend less of it on footwear that doesn't just slavishly follow what you see other people wearing, doesn't rip off the original designers and doesn't pour your hard-earned money into the pockets of people like that. And get something original and stylish while you're at it.

IMHO.

They haven't made money for they're over a hundred pounds for a pair?

Any nice boots suggestions that are ankle length?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newsunflower
They haven't made money for they're over a hundred pounds for a pair?

Any nice boots suggestions that are ankle length?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"They're a design based on scraps of sheepskin Australian sheep farmers couldn't sew into anything else and the original designers haven't made a penny from this multi-million dollar industry selling cheaply-made, massively overpriced peasant boots to rich Europeans. " Read the above again.Ugg boots are not fashionable in the slightest - I'd advise spending your money elsewhere.
I happen to think they're really comfy, especially when its cold :h:
>ugg boots
>2016

jesus
They are ugly, cruel and irrelevant I would recommend getting some nike shoes or adidas, or just some cute ankle boots?
Reply 7
Emu boots

And Ella boots

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Reply 9

And socks.
Try looking into Columbia boots. My wife has a pair that she never took off during freezing Midwest winters. It would be -25C outside and her feet were toasty. Unlike Ugg knockoffs, Columbia make pretty long-lasting, reliable, and most of all warm boots. :smile: I think she paid around $100 for hers, so like 66 pounds?
Reply 12
Original post by Athematica
And socks.

And a nice pair of bright yellow cargo shorts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newsunflower
I wouldn't look cheap if I got similar boots that aren't uggs, will I?

just buy them used I remember a friend of my mother's
she'd lived in oz and had about 30 pairs and sold them all as they were bought by her ex and she wanted rid of anything to do with him and she was selling them for £25 a pair
Reply 14
Btw I already have 4 winter jackets but could do with another one not sure where to go tho I really like these puffy women's Zara jackets ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472823985.527236.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472823998.147044.jpg

But I see everyone wearing these any suggestions on where to get similar style jackets which I won't see on every girl in London tbh doesn't even need to be similar just a nice winter jacket that has some shape to it 😊

If I can't find a nice enough winter jacket I might just have to harass my parents for a Moncler jacket 😬👸🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest