The Student Room Group

Tips for remembering AS Maths whilst learning A2?

Unfortunately I will most likely be resitting C1 and C2 whilst sitting A2 Maths next year. I'm worried though as I'm not sure how much Maths my brain is willing to remember. It just seems like there is too much! Any advice?
Practise, you'll be using c1 and c2 knowledge for c3 and c4 anyway. For the resits, just brush up on sequences and series.
Reply 2
Just do some C1/2 past papers throughout the year to keep it up, couple times a month should keep you riding the knowledge wave.
Original post by JoeyTr
Just do some C1/2 past papers throughout the year to keep it up, couple times a month should keep you riding the knowledge wave.

This, I say do maybe one C1/C2 paper a week if you're that worried. But as NotNotBatman said, a lot of concepts from C1 and C2 are used in C3 and C4 and even in applied modules like M2 and maybe S2.

I remember when resitting M1, I barely had to study because pretty much everything in M1 was already covered by M2, just in more detail.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Practise, you'll be using c1 and c2 knowledge for c3 and c4 anyway. For the resits, just brush up on sequences and series.

Yeah. I think I will cover all the C3 and C4 content first and maybe do a past paper on C1 or C2 here and there along the way.
Original post by JoeyTr

Yeah I think I will do C1 and C2 papers at least once a month just so I can reimburse my understanding. But for now I should crack on with the content of C3 and C4.
Original post by The_Big_E
This, I say do maybe one C1/C2 paper a week if you're that worried. But as NotNotBatman said, a lot of concepts from C1 and C2 are used in C3 and C4 and even in applied modules like M2 and maybe S2.

I remember when resitting M1, I barely had to study because pretty much everything in M1 was already covered by M2, just in more detail.

That's pretty cool. I did the S1 exam this year and will be doing S2 next exam period. So depending on how much content of S1 is covered in S2, I might like to resit S1 also just to try and boost my grade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest