The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone
Has anyone been on the reserve list before and got offered a job??
I've been on reserve since May. Had a call on 11th Aug saying there is a possibility more jobs will be available and asking if I'm interested. The role was for not in a jobcentre, it was a decision maker for universal credit
Original post by trojka08
I've been on reserve since May. Had a call on 11th Aug saying there is a possibility more jobs will be available and asking if I'm interested. The role was for not in a jobcentre, it was a decision maker for universal credit

Makes sense as they're starting applications for UC soon from a conversation I had with someone I know at DWP but I don't know how many opportunities are going to be available and where.
Original post by PandaSal
Makes sense as they're starting applications for UC soon from a conversation I had with someone I know at DWP but I don't know how many opportunities are going to be available and where.

What are are you both ? I would so apply for these
I'm Glasgow.
I have been offered the decision maker post after being on reserve since May. However the start date clashes with my holiday that I had booked so I am having to cancel. No movement on start date offered :frown:
I have been offered the decision maker post after being on reserve since May. However the start date clashes with my holiday that I had booked so I am having to cancel. No movement on start date offered :frown:

Omg no way ? But they can't expect everyone to be available and especially when you been waiting for months .tgsts poor . Very well done though ! Is it in the job centres or the benefit centre ?
I know, I'm gutted. I have to tell my daughter tonight that she is not going on holiday anymore! Thank you, happy to be offered a post but annoyed I'm losing just over a grand. Its in the benefit centre.
Original post by popityping
I was called last Friday with a "expression of interest" kind of call from the DWP ... not heard anything else since?

I was told id be taken off the list as i clarified i was interested. Is this normal procedure for the DWP as i'm assuming they have to get at least 5 people for a training team,seeing as its a DM position for PIP?

I've never known them to do it but I guess it saves time and money recruiting again . What area are you ? I'm Wales not heard a peep :frown:
I was called last Friday with a "expression of interest" kind of call from the DWP ... not heard anything else since?

I was told id be taken off the list as i clarified i was interested. Is this normal procedure for the DWP as i'm assuming they have to get at least 5 people for a training team,seeing as its a DM position for PIP?

I had similar call 11th Aug then got my offer on Wed of this week.
I had similar call 11th Aug then got my offer on Wed of this week.

Did you tell them you had a holiday :frown: that's such a shame . Are the permanent jobs ? X
Original post by prinny88
Did you tell them you had a holiday :frown: that's such a shame . Are the permanent jobs ? X

Yeah I told them but made no difference :frown: had to choose job or holiday. She didn't actually say it was an FTA or permanent, either way I'm taking it as my current contract ends in a couple of months.
Thank you thats invaluable information, its hard to keep the patience of a saint when you get sucked into a reserve list!

Congratulations :smile:

Thank you, bittersweet though because I was looking forward to going on holiday! I remember the date they called first time around as it was my birthday lol, just hold on a little longer it sounds like you will get another call.
So happy for you all ! I've worked in the benefit centre before but a grade below . It's where I started , fab places x
Reply 574
I explained I had commitments on the start date and no problem, she herself said no problem as some will be having to work 4 week notice
Original post by Benicaz
I explained I had commitments on the start date and no problem, she herself said no problem as some will be having to work 4 week notice

What area are you if you don't mind me asking
Reply 576
Original post by prinny88
What area are you if you don't mind me asking

Manchester
Did anyone else on the reserve list get a survey to complete today?
Yes i did from survey monkey via CSR

Hopefully its a good sign. Are you in London?
Hey guys, I made it through this campaign and got my first choice back in May. I have a feeling more jobs will be advertised soon as the benefits are switching over to UC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending