The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan problems

Hello guys. I am from Poland and I am about to start my Masters this year. However I have some issues with the loan and hopefully someone is going to clear this up for me. I was studying 3 years at Uni in England, finished undergraduate and each year was getting a loan 9,000 pounds to cover tuition fee. This time I wanted to apply for a postgraduate loan. I've filled up application form, sent it to given address and provided important information such as National Insurance Number, bank details etc. Some minutes ago I discovered that I need to prove my nationality by sending to them my passport or ID card (no photocopies). I got only ID card, which is made from plastic so very sensitive, taking into account how the couriers take care nowadays of our goods. In case that something happens I will not be able to do my Masters at all. Next thing that I am not sure about is If I had an account on gov uk website during my undergraduate studies. I was trying to log in, searching for an emails in my mailbox, reminding my login and password by writing my birth date and city of birth. Unsuccessfully. Do you think there wasn't a need of account to get undergraduate loan? Hopefully will get some answers. Thanks
Reply 1
I was told the same, to put the original in the post and they'll return it as soon as possible, they just said it was a quick check. I told them i was going to fly abroad in a few weeks and they advised not to send it before the trip, to wait and send it afterwards.

In my case if i loose my ID i can only get another one in my origin country. So I'll send the passport

Send your passport with Royal Mail 1st class signed. If you don't have a passport and you are in the UK go to your consulate and get one, surely it will be useful in the future for some other thing.
Reply 2
I do not have a passport and I am not in UK. Getting a passport will take about 1 month so a bit too long. Thanks for the answer tho. I am going to think about a nice protection for my ID as I am forced to send it.
Reply 3
Looks like everything is ok. They have scheduled my loan into 3 payments. Right now, waiting for my ID in original form hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by jeziorski
I do not have a passport and I am not in UK. Getting a passport will take about 1 month so a bit too long. Thanks for the answer tho. I am going to think about a nice protection for my ID as I am forced to send it.

Just to point out, the UK is outside the Schengen Zone and you will still need a passport to get into the country.
Reply 5
Original post by Klix88
Just to point out, the UK is outside the Schengen Zone and you will still need a passport to get into the country.

Mate, I was traveling to UK xx times, but thanks anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Klix88

You don't actually, EU citizens can still use their ID card to come into this country, my old German teacher who is German used her ID card to go on our school trips to Germany and back.
Original post by jelly1000
You don't actually, EU citizens can still use their ID card to come into this country, my old German teacher who is German used her ID card to go on our school trips to Germany and back.

*EEA citizens.

Don't forget about the good old Norwegians, Icelanders and Liechtensteins.
Original post by macromicro
*EEA citizens.

Don't forget about the good old Norwegians, Icelanders and Liechtensteins.

Ah my bad, didn't realise they could as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending