The Student Room Group

College OFSTED Report

I have a 17 year old grandson for whom I have legal responsibility. He never attended school and I home educated him until he started college last year.
The College has a Failed rating which, considering the problems that are known to me re: teaching, and student behaviour doesn't surprise me.
My grandson is well liked by tutors and say he is hard working, polite. I took him for enrolment last week for second year and I tried to talk to someone about the negative OFSTED report, but was met with more negativity. Basically, I wanted to know how to approach the College about what they are going to do about improvements, so any advice would be helpful and appreciated.
Original post by Seamus123
I have a 17 year old grandson for whom I have legal responsibility. He never attended school and I home educated him until he started college last year.
The College has a Failed rating which, considering the problems that are known to me re: teaching, and student behaviour doesn't surprise me.
My grandson is well liked by tutors and say he is hard working, polite. I took him for enrolment last week for second year and I tried to talk to someone about the negative OFSTED report, but was met with more negativity. Basically, I wanted to know how to approach the College about what they are going to do about improvements, so any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Ask to see the head/principal and see if they have any explanation for the negative OFSTED report and more importantly whether they are doing anything to improve themselves based on the report.
At the end of the day though the college can be rubbish but if your grandson puts in the most effort that he can and puts in the hours at home he should still be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending