The Student Room Group

Any bugs / glitches when using TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Using enhanced editor with macOS Sierra beta 7 and Safari 10 beta 7.... also using iPhone with iOS 10 beta 8... but also happens on Windows 10 w/ Chrome 53.0.2785...

Slow/jumpy typing after spending a long time working on a post or a thread. Will lag and jump everywhere, messing my spelling up. Also, copy/paste doesn't work and the editor doesn't respect any of the copied formatting (i.e. paragraphs, spacing etc.)...

:dontknow:
Original post by ChrisN
What message editor setting are you on? You want to be enhanced? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

Have never edited my messages with the settings. It is just a bug. Have talked to the staff, it confirmed this one. It is so annoying, that is why I want to see the problem solved as fast as possible. *
Original post by FireFreezer77
You'll win that one easily :yep:
Good luck with it if you do enter! :smile:

thanks :h: There's so many amazing Singers though. I'm scared to go. You have to audition in front of other people auditions. Nope
@jneill, quick! Make the beta joke! :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by iEthan
@jneill, quick! Make the beta joke! :wink:

Nah, but life is a permanent beta release...
Original post by queen-bee
all of the first 3. I don't get notifications anymore even if someone has quoted me. :dontknow:

That happened to me last week! For a good 3+ days, I wasn't getting any notifications, only when someone had given me rep, and I wasn't receiving e-mails either!
Then, all of a sudden, it started working again after all that frustration and me thinking I'd accidentally messed with the settings, as if nothing had ever happened!

Creepy... :ninja:
Original post by ChrisN
I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam :smile:

Cannot remove the notification number as thread has been removed from TSR
Original post by niteninja1
Cannot remove the notification number as thread has been removed from TSR

Should be able to 'mark as read'. :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by ChrisN
@captainjack is on the case. We are killing off the other editors and switching everyone over. This editor is newish with all mod cons

LOLZ at the wrong tag... (I presume you mean @Captain Jack !)

Which highlights a tagging problem - would be good to be able to mouseover the taglist to see more profile info and check it's the right bod...
That permissions one *hint hint*
Reply 50
Original post by ChrisN
Fancy new one is coming soon :smile:

Great to hear 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Many.

The whole user interface itself is a bug.
Original post by ChrisN
Ok. I get what you are saying but I think that is actually what is expected. Hitting multi quote drops the quotes into the quick editor at the bottom of the page. Clicking reply takes you to the main reply page with just the quote from that post. 2 unrelated routes, rather than 'do 1 then the next'

Are they appearing correctly in the reply box at the bottom of the page?

I suppose it isn't that clear now I think about it. Has that confuzzled anyone else?

Oh, yes they are appearing at the bottom reply box:smile: I feel really stupid now:redface: Thank you for your help:thumbsup:
Reply 53
Original post by ChrisN
I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam :smile:

Notifications not working
This notification "Please update your email address" is troubling me. No matter how many times I click on it, it does not disappear. I even tried changing my password.

I am receiving emails from TSR so everything should be fine. Not sure why do I keep getting this notification.

Thank you.
Reply 55
Bug.jpg

^ This. Says there's not been a reply but infact there has :colonhash:
Original post by tangotangopapa2
This notification "Please update your email address" is troubling me. No matter how many times I click on it, it does not disappear. I even tried changing my password.

I am receiving emails from TSR so everything should be fine. Not sure why do I keep getting this notification.

Thank you.

Please could you do a screengrab for us
Original post by Deyesy
Bug.jpg

^ This. Says there's not been a reply but infact there has :colonhash:

What type of page are you seeing this on? Please could you give us a link
Reply 58
Original post by ChrisN
What type of page are you seeing this on? Please could you give us a link

Web page
Original post by Kyx
Web page