The Student Room Group

Learning A levels... BY YOURSELF

Hi everyone. I go to a state school where the teaching has not been the best throughout GCSE level. I am now moving into A level and am wondering if it is possible to self study my A levels as the teaching may not be up to scratch. Any tips and tricks to help me?

I am wanting to study:
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Physics
Government and politics

Thank you
Original post by kagawa88
Hi everyone. I go to a state school where the teaching has not been the best throughout GCSE level. I am now moving into A level and am wondering if it is possible to self study my A levels as the teaching may not be up to scratch. Any tips and tricks to help me?

I am wanting to study:
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Physics
Government and politics

Thank you

Well its definitely possible :smile: The hardest bit I think about it is the motivation and that is very hard to find for a subject you teach yourself. I am trying to teach myself AS Further Math, and although it isn't necessarily hard, I am just lacking the motive to do it
Reply 2
Original post by Ze Witcher
Well its definitely possible :smile: The hardest bit I think about it is the motivation and that is very hard to find for a subject you teach yourself. I am trying to teach myself AS Further Math, and although it isn't necessarily hard, I am just lacking the motive to do it

How is your further maths going?
Original post by kagawa88
How is your further maths going?

To be honest, not great but its ok. I was supposed to finish FP1 within the summer but now I am only half way through. I do though believe that once I am back in sixth form, I will finish Fp1, fp2 and D1 because working in school gives me the right mindset. I haven't been doing it in the summer because i've been procrastinating playing fifa :tongue:
Original post by Ze Witcher

Does college enter you for the exam

Quick Reply

Latest