The Student Room Group

When should I start revising for GCSES (low grades in mocks)

When should I start revising for GCSES considering I got Ds and Es in my year 10 mocks? I'm going into year 11 this September.
march/april
Reply 2
Original post by KcajRosib
When should I start revising for GCSES considering I got Ds and Es in my year 10 mocks? I'm going into year 11 this September.

My target grades are mostly B's and a target with an A in geography
Reply 3
You should start in February
Reply 4
If you didn't do well in your mocks because you're not working hard then the question isn't when you should start revising but what you can do to change. If your targets are accurate and you are capable of achieving much higher grades then you're currently getting something wrong. Perhaps you need to pay more attention in class, spend more time on homework or simply ask your teachers for extra help as you're not getting it.
Mocks are there for a reason and sometimes that reason is very simply a wake up call. Some people are lucky enough to put in little work and get brilliant grades, others have to work really hard. Maybe now is the time to wise up and realise that exams are serious stuff and if you want to do well changes need to be made. Still time........Good luck.
March- April should be fine. It's not so much how long before you should revise its how you revise. You could start in Jan but if its ineffective there is no point. Find the way that works for you and stick with it. Study for topics tests as you go along, you will remember more than you think. Do past papers nearer the time. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest