The Student Room Group

Parent late with student finance

My parent has only just submitted (last Wednesday) the evidence to allow me to receive the correct amount for student maintenance loan/grant.Today SFE has let me know that my loan should be coming into my account over the next three days, because they have not yet processed my parent's part of the application they have assumed I've needed a much smaller loan than what I usually receive and no grant. If the amendments to the application are processed after the loan comes in will I still be reimbursed the missing amount? I have had no control over my parent's side of the application.
Reply 1
Original post by JadeWatson
My parent has only just submitted (last Wednesday) the evidence to allow me to receive the correct amount for student maintenance loan/grant.Today SFE has let me know that my loan should be coming into my account over the next three days, because they have not yet processed my parent's part of the application they have assumed I've needed a much smaller loan than what I usually receive and no grant. If the amendments to the application are processed after the loan comes in will I still be reimbursed the missing amount? I have had no control over my parent's side of the application.

Yes. You can apply up to 9 months after the course start, so there's no rush. But as soon as SLC receive the missing information they will process it and send you another payment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending