The Student Room Group

What motivates you to exercise?

People often post on here looking for motivation for weight loss or building muscle.

So my question to you TSR... what motivates you to exercise and keep healthy?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
People often post on here looking for motivation for weight loss or building muscle.

So my question to you TSR... what motivates you to exercise and keep healthy?

For me it's threefold; the discipline that eating healthy and being consistent at the gym requires, knowing you are keeping fit and healthy and knowing that you're stronger/fitter than 90% of people!

How about yourself?
Original post by KingJamesIII
For me it's threefold; the discipline that eating healthy and being consistent at the gym requires, knowing you are keeping fit and healthy and knowing that you're stronger/fitter than 90% of people!

How about yourself?

It allows me to eat like a king!

Also very satisfying to see gradual improvement over time and getting stronger
Harambe and Candace Swanpoel
[video="youtube;8p9jSRxguAA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9jSRxguAA[/video]
I cycle to work, since is faster than walking. Money is a good motivator too.

My fitness freak friend is one of the reasons I stay healthy. I remember when we had lunch together once and we ordered the same thing. He asked if I wanted his tomatoes, because he doesn't want the sugar! His body fat is always about 7-8% during summer time and like 12% during the winter time. He only cheats two-three times a year, so he eats the same things every other day in the year. I remember when I slapped his right tricep once and it felt like slapping a rock. He's very stringent with his diet.

Another reason for me to stay healthy, is because I don't want to disrespect the donor of the kidney.
(edited 7 years ago)
Music :colonhash:
It helps me perform better at my sport.

It helps me with my jobs through being physically fitter.

I feel healthier, need less sleep to be just as active and can get more **** done.

I AM healthier.

I look sexier, feel sexier and am sexier as a result of it.

You feel great after completing a workout.

It gives me something to talk about with the lads and otherwise I'm very much a ladies man.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Another reason for me to stay healthy, is because I don't want to disrespect the donor of the kidney.

That is one of the best things I've heard all week.
Nothing because I do not exercise
the adrenaline after a run makes me feel happy :smile:
Reply 11
Because I feel disgusting and weird if I don't exercise for more than a day
Reply 12
I've always been interested in physical science and the science in sports, notably Cycling. Finding new ways to train, and consequently improvements to my performance motivates also.
Behati Prinsloo, and Adriana Lima :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by ColossalAtom
I cycle to work, since is faster than walking. Money is a good motivator too.

My fitness freak friend is one of the reasons I stay healthy. I remember when we had lunch together once and we ordered the same thing. He asked if I wanted his tomatoes, because he doesn't want the sugar! His body fat is always about 7-8% during summer time and like 12% during the winter time. He only cheats two-three times a year, so he eats the same things every other day in the year. I remember when I slapped his right tricep once and it felt like slapping a rock. He's very stringent with his diet.

Your freak friend may be doing more harm than good metabolically. Why are you also referring to your friend as 'fit'? Your response is invalid if it's related to hypertrophic training.
Vengeance.
Seeing old pictures of myself and missing the weight I was then motivates me to exercise and eat a bit more healthier. The fact that healthy eating and exercise can help mental health problems also motivates me to do it :smile:
Original post by Concav
Your freak friend may be doing more harm than good metabolically. Why are you also referring to your friend as 'fit'? Your response is invalid if it's related to hypertrophic training.

He has a athletic build and focuses more on weights than cardio. How is it invalid if you don't even know him? He has been doing fine.
Because I like chasing arbitrary digits and winning cheap bits of metal with a ribbon attached.

No, really.

Quick Reply

Latest