The Student Room Group

applying to queen marys?

i want to apply for Queen mary's material science and engineering course , offer on ucas was ABB on clearing it was BCC , i'm predicted BCC for A2 (i certainly think that i work hard i'll do much better) should i still apply as my risk option?
Sorry I'm not sure what exactly you mean but I'm going to assume you're talking about offers made in general this year rather than specifically to you. If you meet the entry requirements go for it. If not then you can always go via clearing or adjustment after you have your grades.
Reply 2
i just started A2 , i want to do material science and engineering at queen mary's university (london) they want ABB i'm predicted BCC , although during clearing/adjustment this year they accepted people with BCC (on their website) despite there offer on ucas being ABB this is to fill up spaces. my question is should i apply for queen mary's with this BCC prediction even though they are asking for ABB despite them accepting BCC students this year?

ps; i know i can do much better this year if i work hard
If you know you can do better then go for it. You may not get accepted with your predicted grades if they don't meet the entry requirements but you can try going through clearing or adjustment as I said earlier. It really depends on how much you want to go to QM and whether it't worth the risk or not to you.
Original post by SURH
i want to apply for Queen mary's material science and engineering course , offer on ucas was ABB on clearing it was BCC , i'm predicted BCC for A2 (i certainly think that i work hard i'll do much better) should i still apply as my risk option?

I think it's worth applying, my predicted grades were below what QM wanted for the course I applied for, but they gave me an offer and I'll be starting there in a couple of weeks. As long as you work hard, and do well in your mocks it should be fine, and make sure you have a really good personal statement too because if i'm honest, I think QM gave me the offer mainly due to my personal statement as my grades back then weren't very good. go for it!
Reply 5
Original post by nahida1998
I think it's worth applying, my predicted grades were below what QM wanted for the course I applied for, but they gave me an offer and I'll be starting there in a couple of weeks. As long as you work hard, and do well in your mocks it should be fine, and make sure you have a really good personal statement too because if i'm honest, I think QM gave me the offer mainly due to my personal statement as my grades back then weren't very good. go for it!

ok thanks for the feedback, but can i ask what course you applied for and what was the required grades compared to your predicted? thanks
Original post by SURH
ok thanks for the feedback, but can i ask what course you applied for and what was the required grades compared to your predicted? thanks

this was for genetics, where the required grades were ABB but my predicted was BCE. E was in physics lol, but I ended up getting a C. so long as the necessary subjects are of good enough grades there should be no problem getting into qm. also remember that even if you don't get the required grades and you miss out on the place, but your grades were close enough, try and get that space back through clearing (assuming the course will even be in clearing). hope that was of help
Reply 7
Original post by nahida1998
this was for genetics, where the required grades were ABB but my predicted was BCE. E was in physics lol, but I ended up getting a C. so long as the necessary subjects are of good enough grades there should be no problem getting into qm. also remember that even if you don't get the required grades and you miss out on the place, but your grades were close enough, try and get that space back through clearing (assuming the course will even be in clearing). hope that was of help

ok thanks i'm hoping for bcc prediction for material science and apply wish me luck, also good luck on yours too thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest