The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Chemistry I suspect. Psychology would be complimentary as well.
A good set would be:
Psychology
Biology
Maths

Then any other subject of your choice just to show a mix of skills (if your school is doing 4 a-levels) e.g.English Lit, Philosophy (and chemistry would be good too but probably not compulsory) etc:smile:
A good combination might be: Biology, Psychology, Mathematics and maybe another science like Chemistry but it doesn't matter as Universities really only look at the first 3. So do something which you really enjoy to study
Reply 4
Original post by LenniesRabbit
A good set would be:
Psychology
Biology
Maths

Then any other subject of your choice just to show a mix of skills (if your school is doing 4 a-levels) e.g.English Lit, Philosophy (and chemistry would be good too but probably not compulsory) etc:smile:

At my school we do have to take 4 and funnily enough the subjects I'm stuck between for my 4th choice are philosophy English lit and chemistry
Original post by Sophie mac
At my school we do have to take 4 and funnily enough the subjects I'm stuck between for my 4th choice are philosophy English lit and chemistry

Haha, woah. In that case, I would recommend English Lit if you were good at it at GCSE and just because it is a reputable subject that displays your ability to write essays which are needed for a psychology degree or medical degree of any sort.
Philosophy is quite difficult for some people I am aware. But chemistry would also be quite good as well. It's a difficult choice I admit!
You don't need maths or biology.
I'd say probably Psychology, Chemistry and Biology (I suspect you would learn the necessary maths in Chemistry and Biology), and then whatever you most enjoy/was your best performing at GCSE :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Haha, woah. In that case, I would recommend English Lit if you were good at it at GCSE and just because it is a reputable subject that displays your ability to write essays which are needed for a psychology degree or medical degree of any sort.
Philosophy is quite difficult for some people I am aware. But chemistry would also be quite good as well. It's a difficult choice I admit!

I don't preticullaly like chemistry nor am I perticullaly good at it I took triple science at GCSE so we do 3 papers I got As in the first two papers but a U in the final paper so they would let me take it at Alevel which could let me become a neuroscientist and i got an A in English lit but I don't really like that either however philosophy looks great
But I've heard it's useless and difficult
I don't preticullaly like chemistry nor am I perticullaly good at it I took triple science at GCSE so we do 3 papers I got As in the first two papers but a U in the final paper so they would let me take it at Alevel which could let me become a neuroscientist and i got an A in English lit but I don't really like that either however philosophy looks great
But I've heard it's useless and difficult

You need to decide whether you want to do neurology, neuroscience or neuropsychology. They're all different and have different requirements.
Reply 10
Original post by A-LJLB
You need to decide whether you want to do neurology, neuroscience or neuropsychology. They're all different and have different requirements.

Neuropsychology
Neuropsychology

In that case you don't need maths or biology specifically, although a lot of universities ask for one or two sciences. You'll need to study Psychology at undergrad :smile:
Original post by username1884577

what's the difference?

Latest