The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are my chances of landing FO SW without any relevant work experience, useless gap year and doing undergrad at warwick business school in october.
Original post by blksheep
What are my chances of landing FO SW without any relevant work experience, useless gap year and doing undergrad at warwick business school in october.

Not very good tbh but doable.

What experience do you have? Any extracurricular stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You go to a target so that's good
You don't really need work experience but you do need extracurricular activities
Do you have any?
Hey,

I'm starting to study Accounting & Finance at Durham this year - I've got a total of 7months experience in an energy trading firm (gathered over 4 summer holidays)... I was wondering if I could go to any spring week events for Banks in the first year and if so - which ones would you recommend
Original post by anarbayram
Hey,

I'm starting to study Accounting & Finance at Durham this year - I've got a total of 7months experience in an energy trading firm (gathered over 4 summer holidays)... I was wondering if I could go to any spring week events for Banks in the first year and if so - which ones would you recommend

Reading the thread is a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
You go to a target so that's good
You don't really need work experience but you do need extracurricular activities
Do you have any?

National record at junior level in track and field, norway
i'm likable socially
been trading stocks profitably for 2 years

Quite depressed atm as i went on gap year because i changed my mind regarding what uni to attend. Was accepted to nottingham but knew I could do better.
i'm likable socially

Quite depressed atm as i went on gap year because i changed my mind regarding what uni to attend. Was accepted to nottingham but knew I could do better.

Ok you've got a good chance then
The national record would impress the bankers I think, and trading stocks would as well
Original post by anarbayram
Hey,

You should apply to all the spring weeks
i'm likable socially

So you do have things..

Yeah, I'd say you have as good a shot as anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Ok you've got a good chance then
The national record would impress the bankers I think, and trading stocks would as well

Thanks..

Do you know if the banks take your grades in consideration as a first year student? i mean, how will they be able to get hold off those if one has not received them yet..?
Thanks..

Do you know if the banks take your grades in consideration as a first year student? i mean, how will they be able to get hold off those if one has not received them yet..?

They don't, just put either 1st or 2:1 so the systems don't auto-rej you by mistake. HR will know that you don't have any concrete uni grades yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
So you do have things..

Yeah, I'd say you have as good a shot as anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like once I get the opportunity to have an proper interview where I can show my character and experiences in life they will take the bite. The other way around as well..I cannot do numerical tests etc. I'd look unsuitable if they'd judge me solely by tests. Which banks use tests as oppose to only interviews for 1st year SW?
I feel like once I get the opportunity to have an proper interview where I can show my character and experiences in life they will take the bite. The other way around as well..I cannot do numerical tests etc. I'd look unsuitable if they'd judge me solely by tests. Which banks use tests as oppose to only interviews for 1st year SW?

Read the thread bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read the thread bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been flicking through page 1-20 found nothing regarding which banks do numerical tests except from the fact that GS don't. I may have missed the one page that explicitly disclosed..
Been flicking through page 1-20 found nothing regarding which banks do numerical tests except from the fact that GS don't. I may have missed the one page that explicitly disclosed..

I mean I've mentioned it about 2-3 times..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean I've mentioned it about 2-3 times..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll take another browse lol. Ty
I saw that you prep at gradmonkey for numerical tests? Can you do any prep if you are into IB except for the numerical tests? If they even have numerical tests. Perhaps numerical tests are only for technology division? Aiming for M&A, not sure if you are even able to chose section or if you are randomly placed at a desk.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'll take another browse lol. Ty
I saw that you prep at gradmonkey for numerical tests? Can you do any prep if you are into IB except for the numerical tests? If they even have numerical tests. Perhaps numerical tests are only for technology division?

Nah, I used assessment day.. And it is the opposite, front office spring weeks will tend to have tests and tech/ops don't. Ofc, it is not uniformly true however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How important are extracurriculars? What type of stuff are the banks looking for?
Original post by economicss
How important are extracurriculars? What type of stuff are the banks looking for?

Important, stuff you're interested and engaged in where you're leading something or have achieved something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Important, stuff you're interested and engaged in where you're leading something or have achieved something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending