The Student Room Group

Msc Forensic mental health

Hi all,

I realise this is likely to be an incredibly niche market however I am going to be completing an Msc in health and social care (forensic mental health) via distance learning and I was wondering if anyone had completed it before and had any advice or reading suggestions? I've had no reading list yet (start in a couple of weeks) and was really hoping to get started as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance of any thoughts 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly, is this a BPS accredited course?
Reply 2
It's not bps accredited, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Afraid I can't help then - Ive just completed a Forensic Psychology with Mental Health course. But it was BPS accredited and will be different.
Reply 4
Original post by natalie427
Afraid I can't help then - Ive just completed a Forensic Psychology with Mental Health course. But it was BPS accredited and will be different.

Thanks for trying Natalie 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
What do you want to do with the course? It's a lot of money to spend on a course you may have to retake because it isn't accredited by the BPS
Reply 6
I'm not interested in doing psychology with it. I'm mainly doing it at the moment to increase my knowledge for my current job. In the future I'd like to move into the prison system and do something there. As far as I'm aware it'd also help with things like managerial roles in risk and such like 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest