The Student Room Group

I don't want a boyfriend.

I came out of a relationship last year and have been dating since.

I have been dating this guy for a few months now, but I still don't feel like I want or need a boyfriend, I am quite happy just dating and doing stuff just without the commitment.

However, my friends think that because I don't want a boyfriend and don't want him to be my boyfriend, that I don't like him?

Basically my question is would you agree with my friends are do you believe you can really like someone but not want a committed relationship with them?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I have been dating this guy for a few months now, but I still don't feel like I want or need a boyfriend, I am quite happy just dating and doing stuff just without the commitment.

However, my friends think that because I don't want a boyfriend and don't want him to be my boyfriend, that I don't like him?

Basically my question is would you agree with my friends are do you believe you can really like someone but not want a committed relationship with them?

As long as he knows you don't want a boyfriend and he's okay with it, because if he wants you as a gf he's going to be wasting his time, does he know how u feel?
Sounds like you have a friends with benefits, then?

As long as you're open and honest with whoever you do stuff with, and they're happy with it, then it's all fair game.
Reply 3
You just want to be a H..

Which is fine. At least you're honest. Remember to get regular checkups after each guy.

Remember to use contraception with each of the many many guys.

Remember, just because you like to have sex with so many guys, NO ONE can take away your true self worth and value.

Multiple sexual partners does not define you or make you less than any other girl

He.He.
Then don't have one?

Seriously, it's not really that difficult. Tell this person you don't want true commitment, if they're okay with being casual - fine, if not - part ways. Talk to each other, be honest about your goals about the relationship and make sure you both know where you stand. I'm the last one to tell you that you don't like someone just because you're not official, but I'll also encourage you to try to avoid hurtful situations, especially if this person is under the impression you're their girlfriend.

Seriously, translating Sims language into Sanskrit has seen less complexity then some people's love life.
Reply 5
As long as he knows you don't want a boyfriend and he's okay with it, because if he wants you as a gf he's going to be wasting his time, does he know how u feel?

No, but its very early on yet so I am planning to raise this with him.
Reply 6
Not got to the benefits yet ... I want to tell him as soon as possible.

I wouldn't sleep around, i just don't want the commitment.

???
Reply 8
Original post by RooshV

Which is fine. At least you're honest. Remember to get regular checkups after each guy.

Remember, just because you like to have sex with so many guys, NO ONE can take away your true self worth and value.

Multiple sexual partners does not define you or make you less than any other girl

He.He.

This would apply if I had slept with him or anyone else after my ex.

I'm not for that.
Release your inner h_e and don't regret it, if you can't be one now, when can you?

I'm with a guy right now and this is literally how I feel and I don't know what to do about it. It's not like I don't love him I just don't want a relationship but then it's not like I want to break up with him but idk how to explain that because it's confusing even to me
Reply 11

Don't worry, it's alright I've been there too! :smile: Take a break for some time or just go on dates for fun if you like. I assume that you're still young and do not want too many responsibilities. At the moment I feel the same cause I think that there are more important things to do than having a boyfriend.
Reply 12
Original post by RooshV

He.He.

For ****'s sake this thread does NOT mention anything about having sex. Calm
Original post by EmmaRebecca97
I'm with a guy right now and this is literally how I feel and I don't know what to do about it. It's not like I don't love him I just don't want a relationship but then it's not like I want to break up with him but idk how to explain that because it's confusing even to me

EXACTLY!
Original post by In2u
Don't worry, it's alright I've been there too! :smile: Take a break for some time or just go on dates for fun if you like. I assume that you're still young and do not want too many responsibilities. At the moment I feel the same cause I think that there are more important things to do than having a boyfriend.

Yep, I with you on this,and like to focus on my career and moving out and sorting my life out first.
Original post by In2u

Thank You!!, too many people aren't getting it on here. On their minds too much.
Reply 16
Original post by In2u

The only one who is not calm here is you.

Take your own advice.
EXACTLY!

Like I love the dude but I just don't want a relationships I don't like relationships it's way too lovely dovey and cringey I'm not about all that also I'm going to uni in two weeks and he's a year younger so isn't so I don't really want the commitment but then at the same time I don't just want to break up with him because I care about him and he's great but I feel like that doesn't make any sense? Lmao life is a mess
Reply 18
Original post by RooshV
The only one who is not calm here is you.

Take your own advice.

This thread is not about sex advise from your experience
Reply 19
Original post by In2u
This thread is not about sex advise from your experience

Who are you to determine how I interpret the post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending