The Student Room Group

Predicted A*A*AB where could i apply for physics

for AS level, I achieved aaac in maths physics chemistry and further maths respectively. Which unis could I apply to with these provisional predicted grades my school gave me:
A* maths
A* Chemistry
A physics
B further maths

Scroll to see replies

Oxford, St Andrews, Imperial?

You can defo apply to the top unis for physics.
Reply 2
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oxford, St Andrews, Imperial?

You can defo apply to the top unis for physics.

nah, not about that Oxbridge lifestyle lool I'm not clever enough. I'll try warwick or something like that
Durham?
Original post by Chemgawd99
nah, not about that Oxbridge lifestyle lool I'm not clever enough. I'll try warwick or something like that

Warwick is really good yeah :smile: Check out Nottingham and Southampton too. I know a guy who does physics at the latter and he loves it.
for AS level, I achieved aaac in maths physics chemistry and further maths respectively. Which unis could I apply to with these provisional predicted grades my school gave me:
A* maths
A* Chemistry
A physics
B further maths

Those are very good predicted grades (most top unis will take that, Imperial,UCL,Manchester etc) but have you thought about retaking a module or 2 to boost that further maths prediction to an A?
UCL is a good one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by frankielogue
Durham?

oh yeah true but durham sounds scary tbh
Reply 8
A* maths
A* Chemistry
A physics
B further maths

For which course?
Reply 9
Original post by chrisidialu
Those are very good predicted grades (most top unis will take that, Imperial,UCL,Manchester etc) but have you thought about retaking a module or 2 to boost that further maths prediction to an A?

yeah I realllyyy screwed up D1 like U grade bad but I didn't revise but I got an a and a b in s2 and fp1. I think I can get an A though :smile:
With those grades are you posting here just to show off ?
Reply 11
Original post by jneill
For which course?

physics
Reply 12
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Warwick is really good yeah :smile: Check out Nottingham and Southampton too. I know a guy who does physics at the latter and he loves it.

thanks for the suggestion
Original post by jneill
For which course?

the course is in the title! haha
Have you looked into Manchester?
Reply 15
Original post by zombie-dance
UCL is a good one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to get out of London. lol had 17 years of nagging parents
Reply 16
Original post by Slowbro93
Have you looked into Manchester?
no, I will though. thanks for the suggestion

Let me guess, you're Asian?

I get you :console:

Haha fair enough! Then yeah, I'd agree with others about Warwick being a good one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah I realllyyy screwed up D1 like U grade bad but I didn't revise but I got an a and a b in s2 and fp1. I think I can get an A though :smile:

With those grades at present you'd easily be fine for any uni but for oxbridge if you think of applying to there you'd want A*A*AA to be considered seriously especially with physics/natural sciences considering how maths content heavy the courses are

Quick Reply

Latest