The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farmacee
This is Torture. Pharmalife opens on Monday now.

As in we won't hear from anyone until monday or we can't ring and find out what is going on?
Reply 221
Original post by MeredithGrey13
I think some people will have gotten their invitations from them. I am waiting to hear from GOSH but so far I have not heard from anyone. So am not sure if this is a bad or good sign.
Don't know how I'll survive the weekend!
Yeh didn't apply to london collab?

Original post by Jakelee
Pretty much, I needed the break though.

Nah decided not too.
So yeh can place again next year if yeh don't get it first time round? That's a reasonable option tbh.
As in we won't hear from anyone until monday or we can't ring and find out what is going on?

You might hear from hospital, but via email only. Sometimes Pharmalife updates and tells you the outcome before emails or vice versa with hospital trusts.

I thought my application had been deleted and almost suffered a syncopal episode.
Original post by musicguru
Yeh didn't apply to london collab?

So yeh can place again next year if yeh don't get it first time round? That's a reasonable option tbh.

You have four years after graduating to get your pre reg done and pass the exam. (i.e. 8 Years is the limit after enrolling on a MPharm course)
You might hear from hospital, but via email only. Sometimes Pharmalife updates and tells you the outcome before emails or vice versa with hospital trusts.

I thought my application had been deleted and almost suffered a syncopal episode.

Haha my heart was beating so fast! I had to double check that Pharmalife had actually sent me confirmation emails of my applications just in case!

Ah ok so a weekend of refreshing emails every 15 minutes then!
That's what I thought too! I thought it was gone that they found something wrong with it or something
Lol pharmalife is going to be inundated with email and messages lol.So just to confirm it's still not functioning for other people too??
UPDATE It's working for me now
Original post by misspharma
Do you know what kind of format the prioritisation would be in? :smile:

Anyone know whether the assessment is in MCQ formats or what? :smile:
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
Anyone know whether the assessment is in MCQ formats or what? :smile:

Yeah the other 3 are in MCQ format as stated but not sure about prioritisation. Does anyone know?!
How are you preparing for your assessment?
Original post by misspharma
Yeah the other 3 are in MCQ format as stated but not sure about prioritisation. Does anyone know?!
How are you preparing for your assessment?

Where is it stated? There email I recieved doesn't say anything about MCQs. Going over calculations and TDM.
Potentially the nicest thing to read at this time!
Thank you chick :smile: .. How soon after the first day did you start hearing things!? I swear my phone is going to break I just keep refreshing pharmalife and emails 🙈

Aw, no problem! I know exactly how stressed you're all feeling and that any reassurance at this time would be good. It depends on the hospital, I think it was a good few days of constant refreshing. You'll also hear from the hospital separately (letter/email) at some point. Try and stay calm! And don't expect much over the weekends :smile:*
Reply 232
Original post by littleangel9914
Where is it stated? There email I recieved doesn't say anything about MCQs. Going over calculations and TDM.

whats tdm?
Original post by musicguru
whats tdm?

Therapeutic drug monitoring?
Reply 234
pretty sure the HETV email was the one that said something about MCQ whilst TLC and KSS said nothing about the type of exam it is except that its written.. so i guess we won't know.
Reply 235
Original post by cm123
pretty sure the HETV email was the one that said something about MCQ whilst TLC and KSS said nothing about the type of exam it is except that its written.. so i guess we won't know.

KSS and TLC also said not to bring any stationary apart from a calculator as pencils will be provided on the day. Sounds like MCQ to me tbh...
Reply 236
Original post by Jpharm
KSS and TLC also said not to bring any stationary apart from a calculator as pencils will be provided on the day. Sounds like MCQ to me tbh...

might be one of those "shade it in" mcq things
Of course it's going to be MCQs - purely for logistics....They must have 1000 applicants between them, they do not have time to sit down and come up with a mark scheme... only right and wrong options before inviting people for interview.
Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!
Original post by Jin3011
Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!

Hi, please could you send to me
Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending