The Student Room Group

Italy: 10,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean in 48 hours

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
You are putting a group of people like me in the same box as people who will destroy this nation to such an extent that it becomes unrecognisable.

You have the obsession with the nation box checked in the fascism tick box :wink:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You have the obsession with the nation box checked in the fascism tick box :wink:

Everyone should have that box checked, nothing is more important as all policies form up to represent the nation state.
Markets transcend borders. Any real free marketer has to be distrustful of borders. At best borders and nation states are something you only do as a last resort. You are to eager for state protectionism.

You still don't seem to be accepting this idea that if they truly are after a free market they don't have to be travelling thousands of miles to northern and western Europe, even arguing along the "they want a free market" like you cannot escape that at the end of the day coming to Britain, Germany, and France is coming to wealth

Posted from TSR Mobile
. At best borders and nation states are something you only do as a last resort. You are to eager for state protectionism.

The first and most important duty of the nation state is to protect its citizens and safeguard their way of life. No other entity can do so. The British nation state has been very successful in protecting its citizens and this has enabled them to develop not only wealth but also the sort of liberal sensibilities that lead to statements like yours that have not had their consequences thought through.

This migration is caused by failed nation states that have not protected and nurtured their citizens, or allowed them to develop economically. Those states emerged as a consequence of the nature, beliefs and attitudes of the people in them (just as European states did). It would be a folly of the highest order to allow large numbers of people, who have themselves been part of societies that have shunned the western way, to bring such chaos and the attitudes that caused it, to our shores.
Original post by Good bloke
The first and most important duty of the nation state is to protect its citizens and safeguard their way of life. No other entity can do so. The British nation state has been very successful in protecting its citizens and this has enabled them to develop not only wealth but also the sort of liberal sensibilities that lead to statements like yours that have not had their consequences thought through.

This migration is caused by failed nation states that have not protected and nurtured their citizens, or allowed them to develop economically. Those states emerged as a consequence of the nature, beliefs and attitudes of the people in them (just as European states did). It would be a folly of the highest order to allow large numbers of people, who have themselves been part of societies that have shunned the western way, to bring such chaos and the attitudes that caused it, to our shores.

Nothing to add to that, very well put. I may even steal that in the future.
I am as worried of fascist types like yourself mucking up western civilisation again as I am Islamist and backward middle-eastern cultures.

While I agree that this chap is overstating his case, how does him endeavouring to conserve European society as dangerous to European society as people who literally want to destroy it? You're overstating your case even more than he is. And that's putting it lightly.

Not that it isn't a moot point anyway since you lot don't go in for the whole patriotism thing.

Now back to the topic, I see a case for this as ISIS operatives in Libya routinely capture migrants from Eritrea etc and let them go if they're Muslim and kill them if they aren't. Sending them back to Libya is death for the Christians. However on balance the Australian method of discouraging the journeys is best option in the grand scheme of things. More boats is more deaths. **
You are putting a group of people like me in the same box as people who will destroy this nation to such an extent that it becomes unrecognisable.

Its worse than that. He put you in the same box as people who wish to kill you, me, him (lol), all gays, Jews, Hindus etc. He's just being hysterical.*
Original post by Good bloke

Good post. Agreed completely.
Original post by IAMBACK.
Adolf? Is that you?

Poor attempt at derailing the debate.
Original post by IAMBACK.
Adolf? Is that you?

How is stating that the first priority of a nation state is to protect and serve its own people and that people who hold values contradictory to the values held by the population not being placed in the state being conducive to this make one on the same level of a dictator who murdered millions of people based on race, disability and being in opposition to said genocide? What's wrong with you and your mind?*
Original post by KimKallstrom
How is stating that the first priority of a nation state is to protect and serve its own people and that people who hold values contradictory to the values held by the population not being placed in the state being conducive to this make one on the same level of a dictator who murdered millions of people based on race, disability and being in opposition to said genocide? What's wrong with you and your mind?*

"Liberalism" I think the ailment is called

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RivalPlayer
There's an inevitability about this. Europe's geographical location means it will always be the number one destination for North and East African migrants. They'll keep coming because there is no effective deterrent. Poor integration and rapid breeding are a given when you consider where these people are coming from.

that is a racist statement.
Original post by alevelstresss
that is a racist statement.

He didn't even mention race.

The hysteria of those who have lost the argument would be funny if it didn't have such awful consequences.
10000 rapists in one week????? The Italians had better order some extra chastity belts.
Original post by BaconandSauce
He didn't even mention race.

The hysteria of those who have lost the argument would be funny if it didn't have such awful consequences.

North and East Africans = a race called 'Berbers' and Arabs.

He said people from these regions harbour poor integration

that is racist
Original post by SuperHuman98
o_0

tbh I think people would still take the risk

Judging by the rescue point, there is no "risk". There is literally zero chance of these people reaching Italy unless the Italian state chooses to import them, mostly due to lack of fuel.

Italy might as well give away free plane tickets in Tripoli.
Original post by RivalPlayer
You're in denial.

can you explain your statement? most year 7s can do this
Reply 97
Original post by Rakas21
Shame we can't blockade the Italians, so long as free movement remains this is a problem for us all and the Italians cannot be permitted to carry on polluting the continent with the third world.

Original post by TheDailyMan
Its the swarm of the locusts

Original post by BaconandSauce
this will destroy our countries if we don't stop is soon and undo the damage already done.

I often like many of your posts, so I know that you are not some libtard. However, you have to pick a side, you either pick up the boat people and destroy our civilisation, or you let them die, and save the civilisation.
I think of it like this, how many people will die as a result of violence when Europe collapses and falls into a variety of civil wars / insurgencies, whatever the number will be, it will be a lot more than the number of people who would drown.

Original post by Jammy Duel
Why is encouraging people to risk their lives in the name of economic migration just to live in squalor and erode European values a good thing?

Oh my God.
I'm interested in the topic as I'm Italian myself, but I couldn't make it past the first page. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE, I'm used to see it on fascist pages, but I thought I'd find at least people who received an education.
You're wishing death for billions of people because you don't want them to touch you! You hope they die because otherwise you may not be able to afford to go on holiday as much as you do now.
I realize there must be some limit to migrations, but what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.
Original post by Brizio
Oh my God.
I'm interested in the topic as I'm Italian myself, but I couldn't make it past the first page. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE, I'm used to see it on fascist pages, but I thought I'd find at least people who received an education.
You're wishing death for billions of people because you don't want them to touch you! You hope they die because otherwise you may not be able to afford to go on holiday as much as you do now.
I realize there must be some limit to migrations, but what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.

They are not going to die if they are forced to head to another safe country. Europe is not the only place without war.
Original post by Brizio
. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE,

These statements are not necessarily racist.
Cultural differences and lacks in education may cause same or worse problems than those assumed by racism. Andcultural problems are factual.

Original post by Brizio

I wouldn't go as far. The ISIS would very much like too kill us all, If only they had power to do this.
The West doesn't have any doctrine that prohibits these people from making their countries a good place to live. It used to steal resources, enslave, and kill people to assure it's domination, but it doesn't do it any longer.
Surely the West did a lot of damage to Africa, but this doesn't explain all problems of this continent, neither the migration, and this Italian taxi service through Mediterranean will not repair it.
What Italy is actually doing, is encouraging people to come to Europe, so then they are closed in camps, where they can't do anything with their lives, for years, or simply lets them to walk around the continent, though they stand no chance to find their places for living, at least not in such vast numbers.

What we should do, is to teach people around the world the rule that many Europeans follow: If we can't secure the future of our children, we don't have any.

Original post by alevelstresss
North and East Africans = a race called 'Berbers' and Arabs.

He said people from these regions harbour poor integration

that is racist

No it isn't. First of al, problems with integration are a fact.
Secondly: the reason behind these problems is cultural not racial. People must share similar values and have compatible and complementary skills to create society.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply