The Student Room Group

Distance learning

Hi, i need to study a GCSE in double science but since i couldn't find any school/college in my area that offers that, i was thinking of doing it online.
I found some providers for IGCSE in double science online but i don't know if it's a good idea because i have never done it before.
ICS Learn or CloudLearn ?

Please do you have any advice ? Someone that has had experience with one of these two or other ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by faiima
Hi, i need to study a GCSE in double science but since i couldn't find any school/college in my area that offers that, i was thinking of doing it online.
I found some providers for IGCSE in double science online but i don't know if it's a good idea because i have never done it before.
ICS Learn or CloudLearn ?

Please do you have any advice ? Someone that has had experience with one of these two or other ?

I've never heard of CloudLearn and ICS has a very poor reputation. I would use the national extension college if it were me, they seem to be the most professional distance learning provider. That said, if you're using an exam board that has no practical test then I think you could easily teach yourself with just the course books and YouTube videos.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I've never heard of CloudLearn and ICS has a very poor reputation. I would use the national extension college if it were me, they seem to be the most professional distance learning provider. That said, if you're using an exam board that has no practical test then I think you could easily teach yourself with just the course books and YouTube videos.

thanks for answering, the National extension college is a bit expensive so I was looking for other options.
I am still thinking to self-teach but i am not sure i will be able to achieve a high grade only relying on a textbook because it's IGCSE Double science and also i am from abroad so it would be helpful to have someone ready to help when i will need it and to check my learning progress.

Quick Reply

Latest