The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Psychology (with placement) Students 2016

Hi!I just wanted to see if I could find anyone who will be studying psychology in September because it would be nice to know a few people before the course starts. I live quite close to the university so I won't be staying in accommodation meaning I'll miss out on meeting people when everyone moves in. Also, if anyone wants to ask me questions about the city then feel free! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I am! :h:Where are you staying?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Mysticmeg
I am! :h:Where are you staying?
I'm glad I've found someone! I'm staying at home for my first year then probably moving into Cardiff for the second year. Are you staying in accommodation? :smile:
i'm studying the same course!!! what are y'all planning for fresher's week?
Original post by erin.morgan98
I'm glad I've found someone! I'm staying at home for my first year then probably moving into Cardiff for the second year. Are you staying in accommodation? :smile:

I'm staying at Taly North.
Original post by aquamelon

I bought the paper parties wristband a couple of days ago for freshers week.

I'm probably going to get the SU wristband but I'm not too sure yet between that and the paper parties wristband. Have you decided yet?

I'm staying at Taly North.

That sounds nice, I think I know which building that is if I remember. Are you excited to move to Cardiff? Where are you from?
I'm probably going to get the SU wristband but I'm not too sure yet between that and the paper parties wristband. Have you decided yet?

yeah, i think i'm gonna get the SU wristband just because it seems like the one that most people will go to and would be best for freshers. also we can always pay at the door for other events~

That sounds nice, I think I know which building that is if I remember. Are you excited to move to Cardiff? Where are you from?

i'm really excited! :banana:
I'm originally from East Sussex, so it's a fair distance away but it isn't too far.
yeah, i think i'm gonna get the SU wristband just because it seems like the one that most people will go to and would be best for freshers. also we can always pay at the door for other events~

That's exactly what I was thinking. I know a few people who went last year and they said that a lot of the parties at the other clubs around Cardiff still had a lot of room in them so they just bought on the door.

i'm really excited! :banana:
I'm originally from East Sussex, so it's a fair distance away but it isn't too far.

I'm glad you're excited. I can't wait to start now! That's not too bad distance wise then. Did you go to any of the applicant days?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I know a few people who went last year and they said that a lot of the parties at the other clubs around Cardiff still had a lot of room in them so they just bought on the door.

I'm glad you're excited. I can't wait to start now! That's not too bad distance wise then. Did you go to any of the applicant days?

Yep, I went to the psychology specific open day on the 16th of March. Did you go to any of the applicant days?
Yep, I went to the psychology specific open day on the 16th of March. Did you go to any of the applicant days?

I went to the psychology one they had in December. I was wondering if we could have been at the same one but sadly not
Reply 12
Hey guys, I'm studying the same course and staying at Talybont North! 😊 What's the best Club wristbands to purchase?
Guys, I've just finished my Psychology with professional placement degree at Cardiff, and can I just say you will not be let down. The school of Psychology is fantastic, you'll get such a great insight into the field from the lecturers. And you'll meet some great people there too, some of the lecturers are great characters.

Honestly, it's a fantastic course, hard work no doubt about that, but you gain so much from it. Any questions feel free to ask!

And whatever you do, stick with the professional placement, it is the perfect opportunity to get valuable experience across a whole range of areas. And so valuable in giving you an edge for graduate employment.

Feel quite sad I'm not going back, make the most of it guys!
Reply 14
Heyy! I'll be studying the same course and i'll be staying at liberty cambrian point. I'm from Barcelona, Spain.
Sorry I have been on holidays for the last two weeks so haven't been able to check this.
Original post by cacti_2
Hey guys, I'm studying the same course and staying at Talybont North! 😊 What's the best Club wristbands to purchase?

I'm not sure which wristbands you would find the best because from what I have read there's so many different ones. I'm going to get the SU one. Have you moved in yet? (I'm staying at home so I'm not sure when people are starting to move in)

Original post by Twinpeaks
Guys, I've just finished my Psychology with professional placement degree at Cardiff, and can I just say you will not be let down. The school of Psychology is fantastic, you'll get such a great insight into the field from the lecturers. And you'll meet some great people there too, some of the lecturers are great characters.

Honestly, it's a fantastic course, hard work no doubt about that, but you gain so much from it. Any questions feel free to ask!

And whatever you do, stick with the professional placement, it is the perfect opportunity to get valuable experience across a whole range of areas. And so valuable in giving you an edge for graduate employment.

Feel quite sad I'm not going back, make the most of it guys!

Thank you I will. I'm so excited to start now!

Original post by Ines Gil
Heyy! I'll be studying the same course and i'll be staying at liberty cambrian point. I'm from Barcelona, Spain.

Hi! That must be so exciting to be coming over from Barcelona. Did you manage to visit Cardiff at all? If you haven't and you have any questions about the city in general I would be happy to try and answer them for you since I've pretty much grown up there.

Btw if anyone wants to become friends and follow me on twitter so we could get in touch before next week it's @/erinmorgan20
Hey Erin!
I am studying the same course and I'm so excited! Don't worry about the accommodation because there's plenty of other ways that we can meet people. I'll follow you on twitter now :h:
Original post by emilykateowen
Hey Erin!
I am studying the same course and I'm so excited! Don't worry about the accommodation because there's plenty of other ways that we can meet people. I'll follow you on twitter now :h:

Hey! I really hope so because I'm so excited to make new friends and start the course. I really need to get organised this week though because I need to sort out my plans for next week! I'll follow you back now
Reply 18
Hi! That must be so exciting to be coming over from Barcelona. Did you manage to visit Cardiff at all? If you haven't and you have any questions about the city in general I would be happy to try and answer them for you since I've pretty much grown up there.

Btw if anyone wants to become friends and follow me on twitter so we could get in touch before next week it's @/erinmorgan20

No, I've never been to Cardiff but I'll be there by wednesday so i'll hopefully get to visit the city then. I'm hoping there are lots of things to do!

I've just followed you on twitter!
Original post by Ines Gil
No, I've never been to Cardiff but I'll be there by wednesday so i'll hopefully get to visit the city then. I'm hoping there are lots of things to do!

I've just followed you on twitter!

The uni is right in the middle of the city so you could easily go explore. I think I'm going to Cardiff Friday so if you want anyone to show you around I'll help you. There is so much going on in Cardiff lately so I'm sure you'll have pleanty to do. I'll follow you back on Twitter now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending