The Student Room Group

jamestg's journey to Durham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Workangel_24
Hey James! Congrats on your AS results! They're amazing grades :biggrin: Surrey is great for economics and I've done a summer school back in July and the atmosphere is very welcoming and the people are really friendly.

I wish I applied for the summer school so much, I had the chance to but I was too much of a wimp lol. When I went there in June for the open day it was really nice there, maybe I'll see you there if you're applying?? :biggrin:
GL dude.

I got the same thing as you literally except I finished my A2

AS: AAAb
A2: A* AA
Missing A* in econ by 5 ums and History cos of **** teacher in coursework.
Reply 22
Original post by citibankrec
ATM i'm thinking:

Nottingham
Durham
UEA
Surrey
York

Nice! I don't know whether to look at York, I know it's pretty good but I really cba going all the way up north again lol
Reply 23
Original post by Windies
GL dude.

I got the same thing as you literally except I finished my A2

AS: AAAb
A2: A* AA
Missing A* in econ by 5 ums and History cos of **** teacher in coursework.

Thanks! Still pretty good grades though, congrats! But I know what you mean - all that work to then miss a grade by just a few marks...

Did you get into your first choice uni?
Original post by jamestg
I'm sure you'll do fine! Just believe in yourself and keeping working. It will all pay off :smile:

Thank you. Let's hope ^_^ my options are tough lmao. Well, I can say - Physics is probably the toughest mainly because I know I won't revise it the most. If I do, it might be better.
Original post by jamestg
Thanks! Still pretty good grades though, congrats! But I know what you mean - all that work to then miss a grade by just a few marks...

Did you get into your first choice uni?

I don't know yet.

On results day I had AAA

Law adjustment was A* AA

I missed out on it cos *****y ****ing Edexcel and time period of 5 days ran out before remark could come back.

Now I have A* AA and i'm on waiting list - most likely have to reapply this September and find work and earn money.

Only good thing to come of this is that I'll probably have enough money not needing to borrow tuition fees after this avoiding the monthly interest repayments and debt.
Original post by Windies
I don't know yet.

On results day I had AAA

Law adjustment was A* AA

I missed out on it cos *****y ****ing Edexcel and time period of 5 days ran out before remark could come back.

Now I have A* AA and i'm on waiting list - most likely have to reapply this September and find work and earn money.

Only good thing to come of this is that I'll probably have enough money not needing to borrow tuition fees after this avoiding the monthly interest repayments and debt.

Were you the guy on the Cambridge thread or something who said you'll try to call them up and you sent an email or something?
Someone replied conditional offer should be met by 31st August? ^
Reply 27
Finally getting stuck into some C3 trig!

The lack of maths work over the past 5 or so weeks is really showing :colondollar: but it's all flooding back so I'll be a-okay for the test whenever my maths lesson is lol
Congrats on your AS results, they're soooo good! We're taking the exact same subjects into A2 and I also find History to be my weakest one...

This upcoming year shall be rather hectic but interesting haha, best of luck! Although I don't think you need it :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Babs Posh
Congrats on your AS results, they're soooo good! We're taking the exact same subjects into A2 and I also find History to be my weakest one...

This upcoming year shall be rather hectic but interesting haha, best of luck! Although I don't think you need it :smile:

Thank you! You did pretty good too :-)

I will need the luck haha, I'm dreading going back through AS History. Best of luck to you too!

P.s. are you doing US politics?
Original post by jamestg

The lack of maths work over the past 5 or so weeks is really showing :colondollar: but it's all flooding back so I'll be a-okay for the test whenever my maths lesson is lol

The harder it gets, the harder it makes you work. It's good you are struggling. You have to work though your struggles and there are many ways to do so and that is the beauty of Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by jamestg

Mmm trig...:colone:
Aww, bless you! You seem like such a hardworker, I hope you get to reach the top of your ambitions, good luck! :smile:
Good luck! And well done on your results!
Reply 34
Original post by Chittesh14
The harder it gets, the harder it makes you work. It's good you are struggling. You have to work though your struggles and there are many ways to do so and that is the beauty of Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the right frame of mind! Cheers!
Reply 35
Original post by solC
Mmm trig...:colone:

Some tasty stuff :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 36
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Aww, bless you! You seem like such a hardworker, I hope you get to reach the top of your ambitions, good luck! :smile:

Awww thank you! I am a hard worker haha but I've kicked back a bit over the summer :-)

Need to get back on it ASAP

Hope you reach your ambitions too :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 37
Original post by Trapz99
Good luck! And well done on your results!

Thanks! Great job with AA in Maths and FM too! Good luck for Y13 :-) I'm sure you'll ace physics. The number of times I've seen people's weakest subjects become their strongest on here is insane.
Reply 38
Original post by jamestg
Some tasty stuff :colone:

Spoiler

Yeah I think it's weird how the book teaches you how to solve trig equations using CAST diagrams in C2 but then stops using them in C3:s-smilie:. It is a lot quicker when you get used to it tho, I got kinda bored of drawing CAST diagrams all the time:boring:
Original post by jamestg
That's the right frame of mind! Cheers!

:wink: Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply