The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DicksOut4Haraam
leaving our glorious union

England isn't leaving the UK any time soon afaik.
Reply 21
Original post by DicksOut4Haraam
I think we should kick the Scots out of the Union, England is subsidising their *****y undiversified economy, tell them to piss off. They only joined the UK after they went bankrupt in the wake of their failed attempt at colonising Panama. They have an appalling track record on money management, just let them go.

If I were PM there would be zero new investment in renewable energy north of the border until all nationalist sentiment evaporates, I would make sure they know that should they try to leave, when the price of oil hits zero, they are finished we need to be ruthlessly tough on them.

I love your username... But yeah i agree.

hahahah
imagine if sturgeon won the EU referendum remain vote and then suddenly changed her mind and wanted a second referendum XD can't make up her mind...
Somebody sounds bitter.
Original post by Plagioclase
Somebody sounds bitter.

Nicola Sturgeon is the equivalent of my neighbours barking dog. At first I didn't mind but now it just gets on my nerves.
Reply 27
Original post by alexjones1994
Nicola Sturgeon is the equivalent of my neighbours barking dog. At first I didn't mind but now it just gets on my nerves.

Honestly couldn't have said it better myself 👏🏼
Original post by MildredMalone
53% of Scotland said they want to remain in the UK despite Brexit, so I don't know why Nicola is still banging that old drum. You can't keep having referenda until you get the result you want.

She's banging on because that's her party's sole reason to exist.

Back when it was created it was for blood & soil nationalism. It spent most of it's history as a fringe blood & soil nationalist party.

It has never ever dropped it's flagship[ policy because to do so is to all but create a new party, and the SNP just can't bring themselves to do that for a multitude of reasons.

Mainly that if the SNP were to basically part ways with the flagship policy and nationalism, they fear losing the Braveheart vote.

I want her to shut up to but I find it unlikely.

Let her wallfe, foolish woman who's led herself into a corner she can't get out of. Her only option is to keep pushing for indy despite it not happening or to retire.
Borris Johnson to the rescue!!!!!!!

Actually, I get on rather well with Nicola. We had chat over a curry and a beer the other night. I've never heard someone speak so passionately about Scotland before in my life.
i used to respect her, now not so much. As part of the UK, Scotland has no right to be in the EU and in the UK at the same time. Only the uK can make treaties. It's like if Germany voted to leave but Bavaria wanted to stay, it cannot happen. She needs to learn some international law, or shut the **** up.
Are you jealous because Scotland has a genuinely functional government with a real plan post Brexit? :smile:
I like Sturgeon simply for her ability to really get under people's skin. Case in point: this thread.
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Are you jealous because Scotland has a genuinely functional government with a real plan post Brexit? :smile:

lol. Functional? Hardly. Just a Napolean complex woman barking 'Scottish Independence' every five minutes to her fellow MEPs in Holyrood.
She just needs to give it a rest. No one cares about your little country.

Even the rest of the EU said they don't want you if it means splitting up the UK. Does that not send a strong enough message? The rest of the UK is their biggest trading partner. They trade four times as much with the rest of the UK then the rest of Europe combined. Why would she sabotage that relationship? lol.

Moron.

"No one cares about your little country." Maybe that arrogant attitude is why they want to leave. The rest of the EU has not said that, simply govnmts. like Spain afraid it will cause Catalan to leave if Scotland can join the EU. Catalan is now widely in favour of leaving, and would probably do much better without the Spanish half-formed government.
This is something that concerns the Scottish people, who were lied to and exposed to shameful fear tactics during the referendum for independence. Clearly you are either ignorant of the gaelic identities and pride of many Scottish people or just stupid in general.
Original post by kimkarsd
i used to respect her, now not so much. As part of the UK, Scotland has no right to be in the EU and in the UK at the same time. Only the uK can make treaties. It's like if Germany voted to leave but Bavaria wanted to stay, it cannot happen. She needs to learn some international law, or shut the **** up.

That's why she wants to leave the UK and apply to join please read the news dipshit.
lol. Functional? Hardly. Just a Napolean complex woman barking 'Scottish Independence' every five minutes to her fellow MEPs in Holyrood.

No, she's a strong female role model who has lead Scotland well, not always been on about independence, keeping university tuition fees free and funding the NHS good enough to mean junior doctors don't strike ( unlike Jeremy Hunt ). :smile: I like her far more than any of the tories who are slowly and discreetly dismantling the welfare state. I wish the benefits system was devolved. :frown: Then maybe I wouldn't be so bothered about independence, and if England weren't so right-wing now.
Original post by mcneill98
That's why she wants to leave the UK and apply to join please read the news dipshit.

No, she's said pretty different. I suppose it's because you're an SNP too, eh?
Original post by kimkarsd
No, she's said pretty different. I suppose it's because you're an SNP too, eh?

No she wants another independence referendum for that exact reason. Why would she want someone that her people have voted against ?

1st rule of debating, if someone accuses their opponent of being "random" is a fool and lacks a clear argument. Reeks of us vs them mentality that so many fools have, and also fuelled the brexit.
Original post by mcneill98
No she wants another independence referendum for that exact reason. Why would she want someone that her people have voted against ?

1st rule of debating, if someone accuses their opponent of being "random" is a fool and lacks a clear argument. Reeks of us vs them mentality that so many fools have, and also fuelled the brexit.

Debate??? you just wanted to flex your muscles, but cool...

i actually was unhappy you didn't vote yes the last time, i'm not bothered either way. But then she has said that she wants Scotland to be part of the UK and the EU at the same time, which is pretty dopey as it is.

Latest

Trending

Trending