The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow I can't believe some people start today? I don't start properly until the 12th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha 😊 I start on Tuesday!wbu and how did u do in GCSEs?xx
Original post by Starlight15
Oh yeah I remember you it's been ages! :h: When do you start sixth form?b
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Wow I can't believe some people start today? I don't start properly until the 12th

That seems late! I start on the 5th but AS lessons start on the 7th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extraordinaire
That seems late! I start on the 5th but AS lessons start on the 7th

Posted from TSR Mobile

7th is my induction day. 12th really is late

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like we'll be having a lot of free periods :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Looks like we'll be having a lot of free periods :smile:

I bloody hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile
I bloody hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many subjects are you doing? The norm at our school is 3 due to the new reforms...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Im in year 12 too!
Original post by surina16
Just got my timetable for tomorrow and I lowkey want to puke - I have every teacher I hate :-)))))))

Also look how many lessons (hour each)!!

Monday;
Bio, Maths, Chem

Tuesday:
Chem, Maths, Maths

Wednesday:
Chem, Maths, Bio, Maths

Thursday:
Maths, Chem, Lecture, Bio, Maths

Friday:
Bio, Maths, Maths, Chem

:afraid:

Not gonna lie this looks disgusting, but it'll all pay off in the end because you want to do medicine I'm guessing...? Are you doing Bio, Chem and Maths? So worried about starting sixth form :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by romansholiday
Not gonna lie this looks disgusting, but it'll all pay off in the end because you want to do medicine I'm guessing...? Are you doing Bio, Chem and Maths? So worried about starting sixth form :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr, what's making it worse is the fact that my favourite Biology teacher (or just favourite teacher ever) is teaching the other class instead :frown:
Yeah pretty sure I want to do medicine but I keep changing my mind all the time so idk.
Yep, Bio, Chem, Maths + FM :smile: (hence the reason for 9 maths lessons a week :tongue:)

Same I feel like I'm going to flop everything and that I just luckily fluked GCSEs :s-smilie:
I'm Carpetguy. I like playing Squash. Enjoy reading too, mangaish. Anime a lil bit. Also like computers (ie coding and being geeky) - currently trying to learn Unity and Blender to make my own very game.

A Levels: Taking Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Physics (Pre-U). Also Italian GCSE. Want to try do some German and Chemistry on the side too. And hoping to be able to do Additional Further Maths (last 6 modules of A Level).

GCSEs: A in Short Course RS (1 UMS off A*. Going for remark defo). 10 A*s.

I lyke Physics. Career is probably engineering or physics or something entrepeneury.

Will apply Ox/Bridge, Imperial, somewhere else cool. Looking at America too (why not?).
Original post by surina16
Ikr, what's making it worse is the fact that my favourite Biology teacher (or just favourite teacher ever) is teaching the other class instead :frown:
Yeah pretty sure I want to do medicine but I keep changing my mind all the time so idk.
Yep, Bio, Chem, Maths + FM :smile: (hence the reason for 9 maths lessons a week :tongue:)

Same I feel like I'm going to flop everything and that I just luckily fluked GCSEs :s-smilie:

I'm really not sure and debating whether I should take Chemistry on top of Biology, Geography and Psychology to keep options open for medicine, but I'm really not sure if I like it enough or if I'm even good enough for medicine as a course! Really confused about my options right now if I'm being honest :biggrin:
How many subjects are you doing? The norm at our school is 3 due to the new reforms...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same with my college, you could only do four if you got AABBB at GCSE and I was one A off so I missed out there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same with my college, you could only do four if you got AABBB at GCSE and I was one A off so I missed out there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same! At our sixth form you had to get straight As at GCSE to do 4 A Levels and I got 2 A*s and 8 As (& 1 B) so they offered it to me, but I don't want to compromise any grades for another AS level that isn't exactly necessary :smile:
Some friends that I will go through year 12 with:

Spoiler

Original post by ColossalAtom
I took a look at some STEP past papers and was overwhelmed by the problems. Sounds like you're really good at Maths. Take Additional Further Maths if you can.

I like browsing the STEP prep threads because of the banter they have with each other. Dedicated Maths students are funny to me.

Yh ahaha they look like a completely different language ahaha! Yup but for STEP you've got to be really good as there are no textbooks to learn from and so you're purely learning it from past papers and mark schemes. Also it's an unpredictable paper as anything could come up!

Unfortunately Additional further maths isn't an option in our school so I'm just taking further maths :smile:

Haha yh they're super hilarious and can actually pull out good jokes! They genuinely seem like one big happy family :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

Starting a new sixth form on Monday and am very excited :h:

What subjects are you planning to take?

I'm taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History (although History might be to AS only)

Your favourite subjects?

Favourite subject is Maths, but it is sadly not my best subject! (That lies with English Literature, for which nothing could persuade me to continue with it :erm:) I also like Ancient Greek, but am unable to take it for A Level.

Your ideal future occupation?

I'd like to work in security: the police or the intelligence services.

@ColossalAtom - please tag me in the Cambridge bit! My dream is to go for (Biological) Natural Sciences :crossedf:
- Introduce yourself
im Davina
i am 16 years old
i live in london

- What are your hobbies and interests?
i play for a girls football team and i enjoy a wide range of sports
i love tv programs such as eastenders breaking bad prison break and orange is the new black
i love to watch films
i coach sports to younger children
and i just like having fun basically

- What subjects are you planning to take?
i am planning to take biology chemistry and re but i am also planning to take a 4th a level

- Your favourite subject(s)?
i love all the science subjects and i love re
during gcse i started to like maths which is a little odd cos i have always hated maths since i started it
- Your ideal future occupation?
somewhere in the scientific field
Original post by carpetguy
I'm Carpetguy. I like playing Squash. Enjoy reading too, mangaish. Anime a lil bit. Also like computers (ie coding and being geeky) - currently trying to learn Unity and Blender to make my own very game.

A Levels: Taking Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Physics (Pre-U). Also Italian GCSE. Want to try do some German and Chemistry on the side too. And hoping to be able to do Additional Further Maths (last 6 modules of A Level).

GCSEs: A in Short Course RS (1 UMS off A*. Going for remark defo). 10 A*s.

I lyke Physics. Career is probably engineering or physics or something entrepeneury.

Will apply Ox/Bridge, Imperial, somewhere else cool. Looking at America too (why not?).

I got 10A*s and an A in RS too :biggrin: Not sure whether to get it remarked as I'm 2 UMS marks off in one paper and 3 marks off in the other.

What unis are you looking at in America? Curious...:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same! At our sixth form you had to get straight As at GCSE to do 4 A Levels and I got 2 A*s and 8 As (& 1 B) so they offered it to me, but I don't want to compromise any grades for another AS level that isn't exactly necessary :smile:

Exactly, I think 4 is probably too huge a workload anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile