The Student Room Group

Bethesda jobs

Hello, if I had lots of game ideas, and wanted a big company like Bethesda to hear them, is there a job that comes up with the ideas and helps write them? Not coding the game, just writing out the story, the aims and everything but the actual coding.
Reply 1
Original post by That'sGreat
Hello, if I had lots of game ideas, and wanted a big company like Bethesda to hear them, is there a job that comes up with the ideas and helps write them? Not coding the game, just writing out the story, the aims and everything but the actual coding.

Jobs in that caliber tend to come from media and creative spaces - you need a good head for fiction and creative writing more than being technically competent. I doubt any game company, let alone a AAA like Bethesda, will bring you on at just the mention of one idea - sorry to say it, but you need a portfolio and proven track record to be brought on board as a creative writer, just like in any other form of media. The BBC won't bring on a nobody to a brand new show, pouring in millions of pounds of funding and dedicating even more millions in resource - they want to know their investment will be worthwhile and ultimately bring in profit and to do that, they just prefer to go to those with a history of good performance in that area.

That said, nothing is stopping you putting together an abridged script or storyboarding some scenes, maybe even writing a few short stories - and sending that off to a game development company. It would be good practice and you never know, I might be proven completely wrong and you might get lucky!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending