The Student Room Group

How to succeed in your AS levels, + explanation of new A level system

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jckjmes
Any chance you can send me the AS past paper tracker please?

Sure, pm me your email address. The A2 and AS are pretty much the same, the A2 one just has more units and only 3 subjects instead of 3. Just look at what I've done, then make your own. Use conditional formatting (this is explained in my post at the start of this thread)

Original post by Bulletzone
You sir have my utmost respect, have some Rep.

Thank you!
Love the thread, as someone who is taking media this is really helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Love the thread, as someone who is taking media this is really helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! Anyone with any questions, just ask!
This is very helpful thank you very much.what alevels did you do and what boards ?
Reply 64
Original post by nisha.sri
This is very helpful thank you very much.what alevels did you do and what boards ?

Maths, Chemistry and French were edexcel.
Physics was OCR.

As long as you're on one of edexcel/AQA/OCR the advice and resources mentioned in my post and in general on TSR are applicable.
what does the tracker look like?
Original post by richpanda
Just made my A2 past paper tracker if anyone is interested. Pretty much the same as the AS, also includes the old and new spec past papers

Could you send me one please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by nomophobia
Could you send me one please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 123chem
what does the tracker look like?

pm me your email address
Reply 68
Bump for those starting sixth form tomorrow. Good luck!
Bump for those starting sixth form tomorrow. Good luck!

That would be me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by extraordinaire
That would be me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know how it goes!
Let me know how it goes!

Today was better than I thought (although I only say this because I came late and I forgot my lunch so I dreaded the rest of the morning). We had an assembly, ice breaker session, tour etc but we didn't get our timetables :sigh: AS lessons don't start until Wednesday for me so I can't wait :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
@richpanda Have you ever missed a day off of school? I have to miss Wednesday for certain reasons, if you've ever done that in sixth form, how did you go about catching up?
Original post by kennethdcharles
@richpanda Have you ever missed a day off of school? I have to miss Wednesday for certain reasons, if you've ever done that in sixth form, how did you go about catching up?

Talk to your teacher asap ask them Wat work was done Wat topics covered. Any work you missed and catch up. You could do this before you miss your day and try to catch up before you get to school or after and catch up during any free time you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, Chemistry, Physics and French

Hey I will be doing maths and chem next year. How hard are these subjects and how big is the jump from gcse? (Especially worried about maths)
Thank you!x:biggrin:
Reply 75
Today was better than I thought (although I only say this because I came late and I forgot my lunch so I dreaded the rest of the morning). We had an assembly, ice breaker session, tour etc but we didn't get our timetables :sigh: AS lessons don't start until Wednesday for me so I can't wait :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it a sixth form that is independent (not attached to a secondary school)? I think last year we had 2 days of no lessons then started, so don't get worried or anything.

Original post by kennethdcharles

Yes I missed one day due to being ill, luckily it was a day where I had French (easy) and Physics (just got teacher to email me some work). That was it, but do make sure you do the classwork and homework.
Reply 76
Original post by sunshine774
Hey I will be doing maths and chem next year. How hard are these subjects and how big is the jump from gcse? (Especially worried about maths)
Thank you!x:biggrin:

You mean you're starting Year 11? I wouldn't worry too much yet, but I won't be able to speak for maths as your spec will be different to mine. They are harder, but also more interesting.
Is it a sixth form that is independent (not attached to a secondary school)? I think last year we had 2 days of no lessons then started, so don't get worried or anything.

No, it's attached to a secondary school. Today is my day off!
Reply 78
No, it's attached to a secondary school. Today is my day off!

In that case, either enjoy your day off or use it to get your folders and other stuff ready if you haven't already done that.
You mean you're starting Year 11? I wouldn't worry too much yet, but I won't be able to speak for maths as your spec will be different to mine. They are harder, but also more interesting.

I think you mean I'm starting yr 12? Thanks anywayx:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending