Coventry

Warwick MSc Economics 2016

Just starting a discussion for those studying Economics at Warwick 2016/2017
Original post by sj19
Just starting a discussion for those studying Economics at Warwick 2016/2017

Hey
I am also joining Warwick for MSc Economics
its nice to meet you :smile:
what accommodation have you applied for ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hey, I applied a while ago so I don't remember but I've mainly applied for the en suites (Lakeside was one I think), might just get off campus instead though. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sj19
Hey, I applied a while ago so I don't remember but I've mainly applied for the en suites (Lakeside was one I think), might just get off campus instead though. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first preference is Lakeside,
why do you wanna go off campus ?
Reply 4
Just keeping my options open to be honest, I'm thinking of bringing my car as well but its almost impossible to get parking on campus haha. Have you enrolled yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sj19
Just keeping my options open to be honest, I'm thinking of bringing my car as well but its almost impossible to get parking on campus haha. Have you enrolled yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol :biggrin:
no i haven't,
btw where did you do your undergraduate ?
Reply 6
Hey, il also be joining Warwick for MSc Economics.
Just finished my undergrad at Edinburgh Uni.
Have yous heard back about accommodation yet?
Reply 7
I'm starting the Economics MSc course also this September. Does anyone know how many times a week we have to attend, or any idea on teaching hours?
Reply 8
I haven't heard from accom yet but apparently we get told by the 5th. And also I'm not sure about teaching hours but I guess it's affected by how well you do in the pre sessional maths course. Have you guys registered for it?
Reply 9
Yeah I've registered for it and there's an online maths exam to do for practice. I'm staying in Victoria halls as I didn't get any on campus.
Reply 10
How do you know you didn't get any on campus? I'm still looking for a decent studio off campus but haven't been able to find one.
Reply 11
I phoned the accommodation and they told me they're overbooked this year. Apparently it's rare for postgraduates to get on campus, if that's true. You should email Victoria hall for studios if there's a drop out or keep looking on unite studnet's website, but they're expensive. I got lucky last week and someone dropped out of Victoria hall, not sure how it is though.
Reply 12
I'm also starting the MSc Economics course this September. Just got rejected for accommodation though, is anyone else in the same position?
Reply 13
I'm surprised to hear that, I still haven't heard anything back but I'm assuming it'll be the same. It's unacceptable to be honest, they should openly state that on campus accom is unlikely to be allocated and that we should look at making our own arrangements. I did email Victoria halls but they haven't got back to me yet, I think I'll ramp up my search for off campus now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
From what I read about Victoria and the photos, it looked really nice. And about expense....it's not as if on campus is cheap haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by sj19
From what I read about Victoria and the photos, it looked really nice. And about expense....it's not as if on campus is cheap haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the ridiculous application process has left many completely unprepared for this.
Would have loved Victoria Halls!
I called up every private halls in coventry yesterday. Unfortunately they are all full apart from the unicitylodge, which only have 2 bed and 4 bed apartments left.

I'm currently looking for a flat/house share in Canley, since that is walking distance to the uni.
Reply 16
Everyone ready for induction tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest