The Student Room Group

How to handle huge workload?

For the past week I've revised chemistry AS and I'm already getting annoyed with the large amount of content. How do you deal with it - especially considering I'm going to be doing 4 subjects.
Oh I see :biggrin: How many pages do you recommend I should do per week (I revise 4 or 5 days a week - considering I burnt out very easily from revising 24/7)

That's good to hear :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theaverage
I wouldn't split it into a certain number of pages, instead split it into topics and focus of just learning that topic.

What other subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright. Biology, maths and economics. Do you have any tips/ advice for these subjects?
Original post by shohaib712
Alright. Biology, maths and economics. Do you have any tips/ advice for these subjects?

Yeah. Work really hard because it is a lot harder than GCSE
Yeah I did both Maths and Economics.

If you do 1 chapter a week in Maths you'll be finished very soon and one topic of Macro and 1 of Micro a week is more than enough.

I dont advice cramming like me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice strategy, bro! lol how did it go? what did you end up getting? :colondollar:
Reply 5
Let me ask my girlfriend...
Got an A in Maths and Econ so worked out done in the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thats absolutely amazing! Well done :biggrin: What are you planning on doing after sixth form?
Bung a load of caffeine down your neck and cram it all into one afternoon/evening :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your Alevels :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!
I wanted to know whether you used a maths textbook for revision or did you use a different resource?
Reply 10
Literally almost had a heart attack from the amount of RedBull I drank revising for this chem **** and I only ended up with a C - so much for all those A*s in science GCSE, them As in the coursework, meant nothing :colonhash:
Chemistry requires a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of practice and application and memory work.be prepared for it to take up like half your time. And if you're doing biology as well only God can save you then I'm sorry brah I'll pray for you tho <3
Reply 11
Original post by z33
Literally almost had a heart attack from the amount of RedBull I drank revising for this chem **** and I only ended up with a C - so much for all those A*s in science GCSE, them As in the coursework, meant nothing :colonhash:
Chemistry requires a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of practice and application and memory work.be prepared for it to take up like half your time. And if you're doing biology as well only God can save you then I'm sorry brah I'll pray for you tho <3

this is so peak
Original post by z33

Lol thanks :biggrin:
I crammed chemistry unit 2 and 3 the night before and came out with an A* - funny cuz I did way better compared to unit 1 which I spent the year revising for :smile: But I got angry when there was no titration calculations in that exam cuz I spent the night mostly revising it. I'm never drinking coffee/energy dinks ever again - cuz it made me fall asleep when cramming for unit 2 and 3 for physics - ended up not getting time to revise unit 3 at all but somehow got 2 marks off an A :frown: - I thought I got a U lol

But Im going to try and revise propely and not cram this year (hopefuly)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by shohaib712
Lol thanks :biggrin:
I crammed chemistry unit 2 and 3 the night before and came out with an A* - funny cuz I did way better compared to unit 1 which I spent the year revising for :smile: But I got angry when there was no titration calculations in that exam cuz I spent the night mostly revising it. I'm never drinking coffee/energy dinks ever again - cuz it made me fall asleep when cramming for unit 2 and 3 for physics - ended up not getting time to revise unit 3 at all but somehow got 2 marks off an A :frown: - I thought I got a U lol

daym saaannnn - yeah you see my final AS grades were BBCC in bio, computing, chem and phys

and i don't get that cos all year I was getting As - like 90% + in both bio and comp but then i somehow ****ed up in the real thing, I got 92% ums in unit 1 and a D in unit 2 oops

and then chemistry almost killed me - i did the salters advanced course tho, lowkey didn't finish the syllabus :lol: i was still getting Bs all year :hmmmm: I got a B in unit 1, D in unit 2 lmao :teehee: no one got an A rip

those energy drinks had me twitching I was about to fly in the exam :lol:

and physics - m8 that C is an A*+ to me I thought I was gonna fail for sure x_x

and then don't even get me started on A2- honestly that must be some form of established punishment in Hell allow it :lol:
Reply 14
@z33 clearly has a low IQ, so don't let him put you off your subjects
Original post by Naruke
@z33 clearly has a low IQ, so don't let him put you off your subjects

Remember: low IQ people can still kill you.

Quick Reply

Latest