The Student Room Group

can i keep my old AS grade for UCAS?

Well im restarting year 12 again but i was wondering if i could keep the AS grades i got this year as UCAS points so that when i progress next year it would add on. Would i be able to do that? i got a D in Law which is ilke 109 ucas points or so
Original post by bobbybrown12
Well im restarting year 12 again but i was wondering if i could keep the AS grades i got this year as UCAS points so that when i progress next year it would add on. Would i be able to do that? i got a D in Law which is ilke 109 ucas points or so

I don't understand. If you improve in your resit that would be the only grade that counts for UCAS points.

109!?? Sure you're not just referring to the UMS score, not the actual tariff points?

You have to declare all grades on your Ucas form, so you will put this down, just as you will put down any new grades you get this coming year. If you are resitting the AS, and it is the same board and syllabus, then your final grade will take the best of the two AS grades you got, assuming your exams officer has entered you with all the right details. If that's not an answer to your question, you need to rephrase what you want to know.
Original post by Ze Witcher
109!?? Sure you're not just referring to the UMS score, not the actual tariff points?

ohh its UMS nvm then
ohh its UMS nvm then

Some Uni's also don't look at the UMS but your general grades from your your A-levels too :smile:

Quick Reply