The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

JPM has no online tests right after app submission do they?
Original post by Turing
JPM has no online tests right after app submission do they?

yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna buy some practice tests, anyone got any insight as to which is the best provider? E.g grad monkey, jobtestprep...
Original post by Robv96
Gonna buy some practice tests, anyone got any insight as to which is the best provider? E.g grad monkey, jobtestprep...

Both of them
I'm a final year student taking a Masters. I applied last year for summers as well. This year would you say its better to create a different account with all of the firms you were rejected from last year, or just use the same account as you did last year...pro's and con's please.
Original post by GhostIB
I'm a final year student taking a Masters. I applied last year for summers as well. This year would you say its better to create a different account with all of the firms you were rejected from last year, or just use the same account as you did last year...pro's and con's please.

No, your profile will get detected as a duplicate anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished BR video interview.

Was very straightforward, wonder if it is the same now for the other division which I had applied to.
Original post by JogaBonito787

Was very straightforward, wonder if it is the same now for the other division which I had applied to.

Which division did you apply to?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did they ask? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spyrogyra
What did they ask? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As it says in the description, it is literally a virtual cover letter.
So mostly how your skills are connected to the division you are applying to.

No technicals.
Anyone know if Credit Suisse rejects immediately after failed tests? I completed mines, found them freakin' easy but never say never
Original post by Kiwith
Anyone know if Credit Suisse rejects immediately after failed tests? I completed mines, found them freakin' easy but never say never

Verbal and numerical?
As it says in the description, it is literally a virtual cover letter.
So mostly how your skills are connected to the division you are applying to.

No technicals.

So it wasn't that bad? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Broocklyn
Verbal and numerical?

Yep, Kenexa.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kiwith

how long it took you to receive an invitation to online testing?
I received them as soon as I submitted the application. They review it only after you complete the tests!
Original post by jchap9776
Don't get me wrong, it's still ib - but I go to a target and if I only got RBC it'd be seen as little better than selling butties at greggs. Plus I already tasted BB on my spring week, it's moreish.
Plus in reference to an earlier comment, not sure I want a long term career in banking chasing the name for my cv that gets me in a better job

Lol so basically you think you're 20-odd years old and think you're better than RBC? Get a grip mate. One piece of recurring advice I see given to summer analysts is to not be big headed as it won't get you anywhere.
Anyone know what online tests there are for Citi IB?
Original post by A12R34
Anyone know what online tests there are for Citi IB?

Last year they were TalentQ. Think it was just a numerical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest