The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trinculo
Shake my head, War Studies.

Besides being just about the only place in the country you can read that, the student body are almost entirely made up of Air Cadets and Asian boys with gun fetishes. It's worse than Imperial.

What's wrong with being worse than Imperial? UCL Itself is worse than Imperial, plus are you really saying that KCL is filled with asians? Compared to UCL?

LOL
Original post by Vividly clear
Here's Mine

Underrated

1.UEA
2. Loughborough
3. Southampton
4 Birkbeck University of London
5. Middlesex University

Overrated

1. London school of Economics
2. Warwick University
3.Exeter
4.Queen Mary, University of BTEC's
5.Nottingham

I think loughborough, lancaster and surrey are underrated.
What's wrong with being worse than Imperial? UCL Itself is worse than Imperial, plus are you really saying that KCL is filled with asians? Compared to UCL?

LOL

No, what I'm saying is that the War Studies course at Kings is worse than Imperial in terms of being just a bunch of loser boys.
The ones who go to the Uni on here go on about it as if Gandhi, Mother teresa, Albert Einstein, Jesus Christ and George Washington went to their University.

They even claim that it's as good as oxbridge and there isn't much difference in employment prospects in 3 of those Universities

Gandhi actually did go to my university. UCL ftw :biggrin:

(Although I do agree that compared to ICL and LSE, UCL is overrated).
Original post by Raizelcadres
I think loughborough, lancaster and surrey are underrated.

surrey? lool it's like 4th in the rankings so if anything its overrated
Absolutely nobody in this thread has the authority to 'rate' universities, if that's even possible anyway.

You all make me laugh.
Original post by Trinculo
I would presume because tons of people go on about it without actually knowing why.

It's like a self-fulfilling trope. People talk to their friends and hear that Warwick is great. They go on TSR and see it mentioned all over the place. They come to the conclusion that Warwick is the bee's knees without actually ever knowing why, or having met anyone who's been - and then they repeat it.

Not saying it's not great - it's probably pretty good. All I'm saying is that having been there, it's a really dull place and the people I know who went are pretty dull too.

ouch :frown:
Original post by Pinkberry_y

underrated: London Metropolitan- according to the many sources on TSR, all their friends are now working in the City having graduated from London Met

Considering how many London met ads I've seen on this site, I wouldn't be suprised of they were paid to say that.

Anyway, the only uni in London that ISN'T overrated is Imperial.

UCL is one of the most overrated in the country though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Middlesex - Mostly comprised of turkish people, roadmen or people from poorer backgrounds. Although one of my old maths teachers went there and he is among the smartest people I've ever met.

Kings - full of people who couldn't get into UCL.

UCL - 2 categories. One is the people doing humanities who couldn't go to unis outside of London. Either from their own will or (most likely) from their parents. Another is the people doing STEM who couldn't get into Imperial.

Imperial - Genuine world class university.

Greenwich - also full of people whose parents were strict and didn't allow them to go to unis outside of London. Similar to Kings except in this case they aren't as high achieving. (happened to about 5 people from my school).

Queen marys - It's located in mile end. Isn't even rated that highly in the first place. That being said, their dentistry department is really good.

LSE - overrated isn't the correct term. Purely as a place to learn and get opportunities, it's as great as advertised. It's only criticized because it's one of the worst in the U.K socially.

Outside of London: Exeter is overrated. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff are underrated.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Middlesex - Mostly comprised of turkish people, roadmen or people from poorer backgrounds. Although one of my old maths teachers went there and he is among the smartest people I've ever met.

Kings - full of people who couldn't get into UCL.

UCL - 2 categories. One is the people doing humanities who couldn't go to unis outside of London. Either from their own will or (most likely) from their parents. Another is the people doing STEM who couldn't get into Imperial.

Imperial - Genuine world class university.

Greenwich - also full of people whose parents were strict and didn't allow them to go to unis outside of London. Similar to Kings except in this case they aren't as high achieving. (happened to about 5 people from my school).

Queen marys - It's located in mile end. Isn't even rated that highly in the first place. That being said, their dentistry department is really good.

LSE - overrated isn't the correct term. Purely as a place to learn and get opportunities, it's as great as advertised. It's only criticized because it's one of the worst in the U.K socially.

Outside of London: Exeter is overrated. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff are underrated.

Found the unfortunate lad with the UCL offer. Either that or Kings. My condolences. You'll understand soon.

From the poor banter I'm guessing Kings though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stereoashhh
Considering how many London met ads I've seen on this site, I wouldn't be suprised of they were paid to say that.

Anyway, the only uni in London that ISN'T overrated is Imperial.

UCL is one of the most overrated in the country though.

Yasssss I go to imperial, imperial reppin'
Reply 32
Original post by ikhan94
Overrated; Oxford & and Cambridge
Underrated; UEL

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Found the unfortunate lad with the UCL offer. Either that or Kings. My condolences. You'll understand soon.

From the poor banter I'm guessing Kings though

LOL, you actually said Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff are underrated, yet I'm the one with the "poor banter"

Alright bro.
LOL, you actually said Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff are underrated, yet I'm the one with the "poor banter"

Alright bro.

Look at Manchester for example. Internationally ranked 7th in England, around 30th in the world. One of the highest rated in the world in terms of employer and academic reputation. Largest uni in england in terms of capacity. Relatively cheap living costs despite being in a main city.

Yet nationally ranked around 20th depending on the website. Similar things happen with the rest of the universities too.
Birmingham for example have some of the highest rated teaching standards in the country according to the national student survey. Cardiff has links with a colossal amount of institutions Logic would tell you that those unis go into the category of underrated.

Also, how can you mock the unis listed when they're ironically better than KCL anyway. I'm assuming you do go there (or at least applied there) since you decided not to correct me lol
(edited 7 years ago)
How is Queen Mary overrated? Nobody has ever said its that great.

Or maybe they didn't want to go to Imperial? :tongue: (jk, I know I'm probably among the minority who chose UCL for STEM over Imperial, but we do exist!)
Look at Manchester for example. Internationally ranked 7th in England, around 30th in the world. One of the highest rated in the world in terms of employer and academic reputation. Largest uni in england in terms of capacity. Relatively cheap living costs despite being in a main city.

Yet nationally ranked around 20th depending on the website. Similar things happen with the rest of the universities too.
Birmingham for example have some of the highest rated teaching standards in the country according to the national student survey. Cardiff has links with a colossal amount of institutions Logic would tell you that those unis go into the category of underrated.

Also, how can you mock the unis listed when they're ironically better than KCL anyway. I'm assuming you do go there (or at least applied there) since you decided not to correct me lol

LOL, mate don't deceive yourself because you were two UMS points of your KCL offer and they rejected you but accepted me, NONE of those universities mentioned above, Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham can hold a candle towards KCL.

Golden triangle, elite russell group uni, 19th in the world, largest library in London, a star studded alumni, top 5 Uni's in terms of Government funding and top 7 Uni's in terms of research quality.
Original post by theonetruequeen
Or maybe they didn't want to go to Imperial? :tongue: (jk, I know I'm probably among the minority who chose UCL for STEM over Imperial, but we do exist!)

I exist too!!
LOL, mate don't deceive yourself because you were two UMS points of your KCL offer and they rejected you but accepted me, NONE of those universities mentioned above, Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham can hold a candle towards KCL.

Golden triangle, elite russell group uni, 19th in the world, largest library in London, a star studded alumni, top 5 Uni's in terms of Government funding and top 7 Uni's in terms of research quality.

i would say that manchester, cardiff and birmingham are all very much in the same league as KCL. i can't see KCL being particularly better than the 3 aforementioned for any course in particular, apart from law.

Latest

Trending

Trending