The Student Room Group

UCAS application for PwC Flying Start Degree

So I definitely want to apply to PwC's Flying Start Degree as it is an incredible opportunity. I would regret it if I did not apply at all.

is anybody applying for a different degree (either finance related or not) but also this sponsored accounting degree?
I think I'm going to have to talk about accountancy and the other degree I am applying for in the same PS even though theyre different as otherwise I will miss both opportunities eg if I didn't get into pwc flying start, missing out on the degree i'd rather study

Are there any ways to get around this

Any advice thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L_frank
So I definitely want to apply to PwC's Flying Start Degree as it is an incredible opportunity. I would regret it if I did not apply at all.

is anybody applying for a different degree (either finance related or not) but also this sponsored accounting degree?
I think I'm going to have to talk about accountancy and the other degree I am applying for in the same PS even though theyre different as otherwise I will miss both opportunities eg if I didn't get into pwc flying start, missing out on the degree i'd rather study

Any advice thanks

Hi I think I'm in the same boat as you :smile: I'm planning to apply to Loughborough uni for a finance and accounting degree in case I don't get into the PWC's course.
Original post by L_frank

Any advice thanks

It's not sponsored bro.

No ways to get around it i'm afraid.
Original post by citibankrec
It's not sponsored bro.

No ways to get around it i'm afraid.

It used to be sponsored now I think its just subsidized which is disappointing. Yet its still money off :smile:
I also want to apply for this course but I'm unsure if my AS grades are good enough
Original post by steph_diep
I also want to apply for this course but I'm unsure if my AS grades are good enough

What did you get at AS?

I'm thinking the same and i got AABC
What did you get at AS?

I'm thinking the same and i got AABC

Compared to you, pretty badly BBCC
Compared to you, pretty badly BBCC

Remember for this course there a lot of other tests (Numerical reasoning etc) so if you excel on those you'd still have a good chance.

How about your extra curricula's?
Remember for this course there a lot of other tests (Numerical reasoning etc) so if you excel on those you'd still have a good chance.

How about your extra curricula's?

I don't have hobbies such as sports, but I've taken part in a lot of business/accountancy related competitions?

Also I have things such as volunteering for the elderly and work experience at an accounting firm plus managing the eCommerce side of my mother's business?

How about you? Plus do you think this will be enough?
I don't have hobbies such as sports, but I've taken part in a lot of business/accountancy related competitions?

Also I have things such as volunteering for the elderly and work experience at an accounting firm plus managing the eCommerce side of my mother's business?

How about you? Plus do you think this will be enough?

PwC insight week, National champion in sport, Won stock market challenge, Young enterprise, DofE Gold, Prefect, football1st XI,

All i can think of atm
(edited 7 years ago)
PwC insight week, National champion in sport, Won stock market challenge, Young enterprise, DofE, Prefect, Rugby 1st XV, Helping lower school maths students.

All i can think of atm

I looked on the brochure, it says to be invited to the group task and interview stage they will decide if you get a place depending on your grades and personal statement.

So our personal statements have to be really good
I looked on the brochure, it says to be invited to the group task and interview stage they will decide if you get a place depending on your grades and personal statement.

So our personal statements have to be really good

I've only done a bit of volunteering and the NCS course and AS grades of ABC and A* in Certificate in Financial Studies? Do you think that's enough?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dom117117
I've only done a bit of volunteering and the NCS course and AS grades of ABC and A* in Certificate in Financial Studies? Do you think that's enough?

Yeah I think that will be enough but you should make sure your teachers predict your a level grades as AAB which I think you can definitely achieve looking at your AS grades and also make sure your personal statement is really good ~
Yeah I think that will be enough but you should make sure your teachers predict your a level grades as AAB which I think you can definitely achieve looking at your AS grades and also make sure your personal statement is really good ~

Cheers mate, yeah been trying to perfect my personal statement for a while now.
Original post by dom117117
Cheers mate, yeah been trying to perfect my personal statement for a while now.

hi did u manage to get into the pwc program
Im considering it too and i was concerned about the assessment /group interviews etc
what exactly do they ask and whats it about
Original post by anon102003
hi did u manage to get into the pwc program
Im considering it too and i was concerned about the assessment /group interviews etc
what exactly do they ask and whats it about

I’ve been wondering the same thing lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending