The Student Room Group

Using some AS work in A2 - Plagiarism/Misconduct ? - PLEASE HELP

Hello TSR,

I am making a start on my A2 Product Design coursework and this question has been bugging me so much, could someone please help.

If I was to use some parts of my own work from AS and put this into my A2 coursework as research, would this count as misconduct ?
If so, would it be considered plagiarism if my independent research into a particular topic was very similar due to the factual information being the same ? For example, ergonomic information, this would be the same in both my AS and A2 coursework so surely I could just copy and paste this ?

Nothing regarding self plagiarism was noted in the coursework malpractice section of AQA's website (http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-support/for-students/malpractice). I have tried to E-mail them and they say speak to your teacher, who does not know.

Thank you,
Enjoy the last few days of summer !
(edited 2 years ago)
Has your work been submitted publicly anywhere before?
I think I've seen an A2 project print screen parts of their AS project and stated that they've done the research before. I'm in the same dilemma so I am not sure if I want to do this. What are you making by the way? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah it's a grey area alright. For AQA, I know this, I took English Literature AS last year and and carried on to A2. For AS we had 2 separate essays on two texts ) while for A2 we had one long comparison piece. I got As in the AS essays so I pretty much recycled the two essays (70ish%) and added links and new intro/conclusion etc. So I think you'll be fine as AQA doesn't use Turn It In like unis and (if you're like me) your CW is marked by the teachers and only moderated by the exam board. Plus as you've said, there's no specific rule against it. Hope it helps!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Should be fine then as moderation just means checking the marks are consistent with your classmates and other schools (at least as I understand it). Glad I could help!

Good luck,
Adam
You and my friend are doing the exact same thing haha! :smile:
I'm doing some pack-away workstation and feel like I can't be bothered to write up new info about production methods and materials etc... So I might recycle it.
Btw, how did you find the exam? The spinning process ruined me :angry:
Yh, after the exam, one of my teachers made up a stupid lie saying that we covered it in the start of the year, and we didn't! Couldn't believe how the grade boundaries went up though :frown:

I got 80 UMS in the coursework and exam (scraping an A) but I am going to resit to the exam to bring it up to an a solid A or maybe A* hopefully.

I am doing to do Economics or Accounting and Finance instead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest