The Student Room Group

gcse redos help needed

hi im 18 and failed so bad in my gcses due to bullying, i really want to redo them to gt into A- levels and then uni, i tried twice to get into them at college but my maths isnt strong enough which i think is ridiculous since im doing gcse maths this year anyways with my course, so i cant do them at college and i have no money in order to pay to do them online and my mum and dad don't want me to go to uni or do well they want me to just work in mcdonalds or a shop and i don't want that so they are not gonna pay for me, since ive turned 18 if i want to go out or do things i have to pay for it myself and i have no job because my gcses are low i was wondering is there any free ways of doing it maybe i could homeschool myself idk advice please
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I believe that as you have now turned 18 you are considered an adult and can apply to get adult numeracy courses funded by the job centre. I believe travel to and from these courses is also free. I would suggest getting in touch with your local job centre for more information.
Reply 2
Original post by Clemm101
I believe that as you have now turned 18 you are considered an adult and can apply to get adult numeracy courses funded by the job centre. I believe travel to and from these courses is also free. I would suggest getting in touch with your local job centre for more information.

but i want to redo all five gcse's to get into a-level before i turn 20
Reply 3
Again, as you're now an adult I believe you might be able to get funding for this. I'm not sure if it's dependent on claiming a certain benefit though.
Reply 4
Original post by Clemm101
Again, as you're now an adult I believe you might be able to get funding for this. I'm not sure if it's dependent on claiming a certain benefit though.

okay

Quick Reply

Latest