The Student Room Group

What does it feel like to be in a strong relationship?

^^^
Yeah ive never had one and i doubt ill get into one anytime soon, so whst does it feel like to be in a strong relationship?
Thanks!

Also any advice on relationships for me would be greatly appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can either be amazing or torture :lol:

Single is good though! Enjoy :smile:
Pretty amazing.
Original post by UWS
Can either be amazing or torture :lol:

Single is good though! Enjoy :smile:

Hmm ok then.
Could one expand on that?

Well im trying to but its not working.
Original post by queen-bee
Pretty amazing.

Thought it would be.
Its amazing, because you have a person that will always be there for you, and will love you no matter what, they have your back and they are like your other half. :smile:

Spoiler

Roller coaster of emotions.

Spoiler

Reply 7
I wish i knew to be honest, nowadays its hard to find someone and be in a strong relationship. I'm sure its great though as to have someone always there and just enjoy life with them must be a great feeling.
Reply 8
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hmm ok then.
Could one expand on that?

Well im trying to but its not working.

Yeah, pretty much a roller coaster of emotions.

Why is it not working?
Reply 9
Sounds soppy but it's pretty much the best thing that can happen to you. I do believe you can be perfectly happy being single but to meet someone who is on the same wavelength as you and who loves you through the good and bad, is pretty special. I'm one of those people that believe there is someone out there for everyone :colondollar:

Even strong relationships aren't always sunshine and rainbows though. After 7 year and a half yrs, my boyfriend drives me absolutely crazy at times and he knows exactly how to wind me up and we do have our arguments and disagreements but 99% we get on like a house on fire and can bounce back from disagreements quickly. I'd be more worried if we didn't have our annoying moments here and there.

After a while of being together, you become more grateful for the little things and not the dates, butterflies in your stomach, impressing each other etc like you do at the start. You enjoy staying in watching movies together, can look an utter mess around each other and you just laugh it off, can have fun in an empty room pretty much. Today was a good example of appreciating the smaller things - a wasp flew into the flat and I am terrified of them and my bf got rid of it no bother whereas if it were just me living in the flat and wasp flew in, I'd have ran out the flat and never came back :laugh: I also love the sense of security and completeness you feel when you have been with someone for years and you know each other inside out :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Pretty much the best feeling ever.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Pretty much the best feeling ever.

This. :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sounds soppy but it's pretty much the best thing that can happen to you. I do believe you can be perfectly happy being single but to meet someone who is on the same wavelength as you and who loves you through the good and bad, is pretty special. I'm one of those people that believe there is someone out there for everyone :colondollar:

Even strong relationships aren't always sunshine and rainbows though. After 7 year and a half yrs, my boyfriend drives me absolutely crazy at times and he knows exactly how to wind me up and we do have our arguments and disagreements but 99% we get on like a house on fire and can bounce back from disagreements quickly. I'd be more worried if we didn't have our annoying moments here and there.

After a while of being together, you become more grateful for the little things and not the dates, butterflies in your stomach, impressing each other etc like you do at the start. You enjoy staying in watching movies together, can look an utter mess around each other and you just laugh it off, can have fun in an empty room pretty much. Today was a good example of appreciating the smaller things - a wasp flew into the flat and I am terrified of them and my bf got rid of it no bother whereas if it were just me living in the flat and wasp flew in, I'd have ran out the flat and never came back :laugh: I also love the sense of security and completeness you feel when you have been with someone for years and you know each other inside out :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This :smile: It really is the little things that you appreciate, like making each other a brew in the mornings or me killing the spiders for him.
You're happy and sorry for yourself at the same time, essentially.

Happy because you know you're not a loner in this weird world anymore, and you can at least question it with somebody by your side.
Sorry because once you acknowledge that this said person is actually the one, you know you'll overlook and tolerate most of his mishaps ( I can only count 3 exemptions out of the myriad of horrors he can cast upon me) because you love him truly and sempiternally.
Hence the expression "you can't hate me, you love me too much".

You know you're in a "strong" relationship when a good deal of time has passed and the two I just mentioned begin to conflict with one another with ever greater intensity.

Spoiler

Original post by saraxh
Roller coaster of emotions.

Spoiler

Hmm fair enough!

Spoiler

Reply 15
amazing when its going good
but can really play with your head too
i mean if you are madly in love with each other you become borderline obsessive
no matter how much you think you trust each other all it takes is one little thing to plant a seed in your head
when he was working slightly later, when he wasn't replying to my texts almost immediately. when i noticed him smiling at a another girl out of politeness, every little thing either made me jealous or paranoid or deeply upset.

its sad and pathetic but thats just the way it is. you wanna be their only one, you want him to only have eyes and time for you. you want him to always put you first and you want your relationship to always stay the way it was when you first got together. but it never does.

the only thing that i found reassuring was that he felt all these emotions too, i never knew that or even noticed the things he saw. but apparently even when i smiled at the waiter out of politeness or the delivery man he also got extremely jealous. so yeah its great when its good but its also a LOT of hard work and really tests your emotions. i'd still prefer to be with someone than be single but there are definitely a lot of good sides and bad sides to both.
Original post by UWS
Yeah, pretty much a roller coaster of emotions.

Why is it not working?

Fair enough then!

Because girls hate me and ill get slapped if i go and say hi to someone :frown:
Im ugly as **** and its not possible for me to get a gf here!
Reply 17
Original post by FireFreezer77
Fair enough then!

Because girls hate me and ill get slapped if i go and say hi to someone :frown:
Im ugly as **** and its not possible for me to get a gf here!

1. Don't put yourself down as @loveleest and @Precious Illusions have said to me before :smile:
2. Why are you looking on here for a girlfriend?

As I say this to most people, work on your self confidence. How do you a now a girl's gonna slap you if you haven't said hi yet :h:

I'm sure you're very gorgeous as @I am Kira and @Saba XD will tell you :biggrin:

Confidence goes a long way my friend.
Original post by UWS
1. Don't put yourself down as @loveleest and @Precious Illusions have said to me before :smile:
2. Why are you looking on here for a girlfriend?

As I say this to most people, work on your self confidence. How do you a now a girl's gonna slap you if you haven't said hi yet :h:

I'm sure you're very gorgeous as @I am Kira and @Saba XD will tell you :biggrin:

Confidence goes a long way my friend.

1: Well its hard not to tbh!

2: Oh no i didnt mean on TSR, i meant where i live! Its impossible where i live

If i could, i would, but i cant, so i shallnt!
Well its happened before and that usually means itll happen again!
Nah, if i had £1 for evertime ive been called ugly to my face, id be a friggin millionaire!

I know, it doesnt help when people say that.
Original post by Spock's Socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thats so cute
Im happy for you!
Idk what else to say
Congrats on your relationship! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending